PREVIOUS 2 TO 3 YEAR EXPERIENCE AS AN ACCOUNT MANAGER IN FRAGRANCE AND BEAUTY IS REQUIRED INCLUDING MANAGEMENT A TEAM OF PEOPLE.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
To take responsibility for and manage the CHANEL account efficiently and effectively, promoting business objectives as appropriate and ensuring that the team and the account achieve and exceed set sales targets by providing excellent customer service at all times.
1. Customer Service and Selling
- To provide outstanding customer service by identifying customer needs as well as further sales opportunities, matching benefits to needs as appropriate, using knowledge of CHANEL standards and products
- To ensure that the best levels of customer care are offered at all times, and that all customers are offered the opportunity to join the customer database, keeping the information confidential at all times
- Maximise sales and customer service during locally planned “on counter” events
- Continuously work towards achieving and exceeding set retail sales goals, using link selling to introduce further products
2. Technical Skills and Administration
- Continuous monitoring of the business as well as appropriate analysis of results to recognise areas of opportunity and growth in order to build and impact on the overall business
- Build the account by achieving and exceeding sales targets, developing the business to increase sales volume and productivity by using product knowledge and the steps of sale.
- To ensure expert makeovers are offered and applied to CHANEL customers, meeting the required standards as well as demonstrating the necessary skill and variety in makeup technique
- Ensure expert skincare diagnoses are provided, meeting the required standards, and that in-depth information regarding fragrance products is provided as appropriate
- Timely and accurate reporting of retail sales results as well as prompt completion and distribution of relevant administration
- Ensure that the Business Management File and Stock Book are kept up to date at all times
- To ensure adequate stock levels as well as monitoring tester and sample usage as appropriate
- To effectively organise rotas, monitoring staff levels, holidays and sickness absence as well as reporting to RDM as appropriate
- Maximise all planned promotional events and drive optimum levels of activity in store
- To demonstrate commercial awareness of competitor activity and the ability to use this to business advantage
3. Personal Effectiveness, Motivation and Presentation
- To demonstrate and encourage enthusiasm for selling, flair for the product and excitement for providing customer satisfaction
- To present an appropriate appearance, ensuring that personal as well as team grooming and make up is to CHANEL standards, demonstrating current trends and adhering to the uniform and grooming policy at all times
- Encourage and maintain a clean, tidy, hygienic and professional work area, reflecting merchandising standards and guidelines at all times
- To successfully complete the CHANEL Induction as well as any further training provided as appropriate, demonstrating enthusiasm to participate as well as the ability to retain the benefits of training provided
4. Teamwork, Communication and Relationships
- To lead by example, motivating individual as well as team performance to reach/exceed set targets, demonstrating and encouraging reliability and flexibility as the business demands
- Effective liaison with RDM, Regional Retail Development Manager, CHANEL head office as well as Store personnel
- To train and direct the team efficiently, organising motivational and informative team meetings and briefings regarding products and procedures as appropriate
5. Although comprehensive the job description is not exhaustive and additional duties may be added according to the needs of the business and as requested by the Retail Development Manager, the Regional Retail Development Manager, National Sales Manager, or other CHANEL Management.