Test Engineer - US Citizenship required
CGI is in the top 5 largest global IT companies spread across 40 countries with endless opportunities to expand and grow. As a CGI Federal Member, you have the opportunity to be a shareholder at CGI and join a family of 75,000 members strong.
The sought after position of Test Engineer enjoys working in a fast-paced collaborative environment and offers a challenging opportunity to leverage modern technology and innovative solutions to make a significant impact on our customers. This position is based in DC/Northern Virginia area, where a team of application developers and testers solving technical challenges for our government customers.
Candidate must have at least 5 years of experience of performing formal software testing activities (Automated and Manual) for complex software applications. Preference will be given to those candidates who have extensive experience with Selenium. A qualified candidate will have experience participating in all aspects of Agile Software Development Lifecycle, related quality concepts and processes
Your future duties and responsibilities
Candidate must demonstrate experience as a Test Engineer of a cloud-based application with a deep knowledge of Agile software development and DevSecOps.
• Demonstrate hands-on knowledge and experience in test automation methodologies and principles
• Be able to perform setup, configuration, and maintenance of automated testing environments with a focus on the enablement of continuous testing and DevSecOps processes
• Ensure proper execution of test scripts and documentation of test results in defects tracking systems such as Jira.
• Capture analysis of test results, document conclusions, and make recommendations fully supported by test results.
• Be able to translate manual testing scenarios into automated test suites that are robust and easy to maintain
• Work in an Agile environment (Scrum etc.) and adapt to the changing needs and requirements of the business.
• Provide hands-on support for DevSecOps and other automation initiatives using AWS technologies, including blue/green deployment, security and Test Automation.
• Identify and manage dependencies and downstream impacts of the project to minimize adverse effects on other projects and / or programs
• Provide planning, estimation, scheduling, prioritization and coordination of testing activities related to system development
• Ensure system alignment to Enterprise Testing Frameworks, policies and best practices; ensure that process methodologies are followed in QA process
• Oversee creation and approval of technical documentation related to QA, ensure documentation is aligned to the Functional Requirements and uses document templates that meet customer’s SDLC standards
• Manage day to day technical challenges and communicate to project manager any risks or issues associated with the testing activities
• Clearly communicate Expectations, Roles and Responsibilities to team members and hold them accountable to meet the expectations
• Ability to work with multiple teams and priorities
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Bachelor degree in relevant field (Engineering, IT etc.) with 5+ years of experience as a Test Engineer for medium to large scale enterprise systems
• 3+ years of experience with Test Automation using Selenium tools
• Understands the Agile process and writing good User Acceptance Criteria
• Experience working closely with functional leads and developers to resolve and/or retest application functionality
• Working knowledge of test automation tools like Selenium, Gherkin, and Cucumber
• Strong analytical and organizational skills. Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Experience in reviewing and understanding requirements for large scale high transaction volume applications
• Experience with Web/Cloud based application testing
• Strong knowledge and experience in all the phases of SDLC
• Demonstrated experience with Databases and SQL
• Ability to communicate at both business and technical levels with the stakeholders and developers involved
• Quick learner with experience working in fact-paced environments
• Ability to work in a team and with multi-tasking skills to handle multiple tasks
• Developing analytical skills to identify system and business impacts
• Experience using test management, requirements management and defect tracking tools
• Experience in agile and continuous testing practices
• Due to the nature of this government contract, US Citizenship is required
• Experience using JIRA for requirements management and defect tracking
• Agile Certification
• Understanding of DevSecOps process and tooling
• Direct experience with Scrum Agile framework and processes
• Experience working in an integrated product development team consisting of govt. and contractor resources
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.