Test Automation Architect
Test Automation Architect to help modernize the testing, integration and delivery systems for strategic and innovative government clients. You will be responsible for software test automation design, planning, scripting and execution. Our client’s mission is to “serve, aid, and protect the citizens on California.” This role requires a highly self-motivated individual capable of working independently in a rapidly evolving technical environment. The ideal candidate will be someone with a software development and test automation background expertise in UFT & Mobile solutions. Ability to create and enhance automation frameworks with new features and functions.
Your future duties and responsibilities
Sr. Test Automation Architect should have a very good understanding and experience of various test automation tools and frameworks, not limited to any single tool. Experienced designing framework for COTS, ERP, Web and Mobile Applications.
1. Architect should be able to perform the Research, analyze, and assess the client application, all testing phases, activities, tools currently being used and all other resources and factors.
2. Present analysis and findings in the format of a ROM estimate.
3. All proposed design concepts, identify and include all resources required for implementation and ongoing support such as people, processes, tools, licenses, etc.
4. Include LOE driven timeline and phased implementation approach for each proposed design concept.
5. Identify proposed staffing resource levels for phased implementation of testing automation and ongoing support for all testing/test phases to support code from both Agile and non-Agile code testing.
6. Analyze and design concepts and propose what testing types are feasible for automating including:
c. end-to-end regression
d. impact-based regression
f. code merge validation
7. Test automation components are customizable and changeable
10. Identify functionality with dependencies bidirectional
12. Identify and conduct complete traceability activities and matrices to requirements
13. Can be used for either Agile or non-Agile testing efforts
14. Identify non-testable functions
15. Identify functions that require manual testing
16. Include data conversion and data handling processes and procedures
17. ROM review session includes walkthroughs for each proposed design concept
Design Selection and Implementation of Test Automation and Staffing Plan
1. Include all business, functional and technical requirements for selected design.
2. Include level of effort (LOE) driven timeline and phased implementation approach
3. Include technical documentation and diagrams on the test automation suite architecture and tools.
4. Provide knowledge transfer and training to all members of the test team to use, update, modify, and maintain the test automation suite.
5. Identify staffing and roles/responsibilities for dedicated Test Support.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• 5+ years in a Test Architect role
• 5+ years of experience with Micro-focus UFT
• 5+ years of experience with HP ALM
• 5+ years of hands on UFT Automated Scripting and Testing experience.
• Must demonstrate an understanding of test automation frameworks
• BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
• Experience building Test automation into CI/CD pipelines
• Experience supporting frequent incremental code testing and deployment
• Comfort with collaboration, open communication, and reaching across functional borders
• Ability to learn and understand new toolsets and products quickly
• A strong focus on business outcomes
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
· Automated Testing