Description de l'offre
If you love finding innovative solutions to improve complex systems, there’s a digital revolution underway in the UK, and it needs your help.
From public service transformation to cutting-edge commercial projects, our work has a wide reach, helping make the everyday easier, for everyone. When you start your CGI story, not only will you be improving people’s lives, you can be sure we’ll do the same for you.
And the even better news? Our friendly team will keep you inspired and will support you to do what you do best, better.
The primary objective of the Technical Architect is to act as Technical Design Authority (TDA) for infrastructure, providing technical assurance and control for all projects on the engagement such that the integrity, availability, and performance of the services provided by CGI to the Customer are not compromised. You will be primarily focused on project delivery ensuring the objectives are met for a single project, providing design ownership and technical input across all technologies as required.
You will report into the account CTO and the Delivery Director, with specific responsible for delivering Growth and Change activity on the Account. The Technical Architect role bridges the gap between the technical team and business team by defining, validating and promoting quality solutions for a project. This may be a standalone solution or part of a larger engagement. You will support the design and implementation within a specific area of technology, technique, method, product or application area including the estimation of activities.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Understand and seek clarification on project requirements, ensuring they are fully understood by the delivery teams.
• Validate and verify estimates to deliver the project requirements before quote is submitted to the customer.
• Perform impact analysis on the final solution design and identify mitigations to any technical risks identified.
• Oversee the full project lifecycle from design though to implementation in the production environment, collaborating with all project stakeholders, taking responsibility of the technical ownership the solution ensuring it fits within the existing service landscape.
• Provide quality assurance during the full project lifecycle reviewing and approving designs, code, test plans and evidence.
• Coordinate and facilitate the resolution of defects identified during integration and user acceptance testing.
• Responsible for facilitating creation, update of BAU documentation and ensuring there is a full handover between the Project and BAU support teams.
• Attend meetings as required with Project Stakeholders from both CGI and Customer.
• Working knowledge of various software development methodologies.
• Experience gained working with complex large-scale software solutions.
• Understanding and experience of modern solution architectures for distributed software systems.
• Good working knowledge of Relational Databases
The role of the Technical Architect is to:
• Create quality technical designs ensuring that the functional and non-functional requirements are met.
• Support the team during solution implementation by providing specific technical knowledge.
• Align the use of the technology with the business and customer goals.
• Monitor and ensure adherence to appropriate technical standards.
• Drive the technical quality of the engagement, including through the use formal and informal technical reviews.
• Identify and mitigate against technical issues and risks.
• Produce effort and cost estimates for the solution, including 3rd party components as appropriate.
Leadership and Communication:
• Designs and owns solutions to large-scale, complex problems.
• Communicates technical designs and solutions effectively, in both written and spoken form, to a range of audiences.
• Collaborates and pro-actively shares knowledge across the team. Shares expertise and opportunities with peers across the business.
• Demonstrates a good understanding of the industry landscape and CGI’s capabilities within the domain.
• Designs and implements technical solutions in line with contractual requirements.
• Leads the documentation of designs, implementations, change and tests as required to meet quality requirements.
• Identifies deficiencies in system documentation and takes remedial action.
• Demonstrates a detailed understanding of multiple tools and methodologies. Selects appropriate tools and/or methodology for the problem and articulates the advantages and disadvantages of alternative approaches.
• Produces reliable and accurate estimates using estimating methodologies. Constructively reviews the estimates of others.
• Identifies opportunities for re-use of existing designs, solutions, systems and methodologies.
• Has an awareness and understanding of reference models applicable to their domain and how these models should be used.
• Contributes to the technical risk register, prepares and implements appropriate mitigation plans.
• Carries out impact assessments of changes requests, and effectively manages their implementation.
• Engages effectively and professionally with client team. Acts as key point of contact for technical issues.
• Proposes solutions that address business and technical needs.
• Thoroughly understands the scope of work and identifies potential change opportunities.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Produces requirements for systems and sub-systems that specify the desired functionality as part of the overall solution.
• Reviews and analyses established requirements and existing systems, solutions and/or documentation.
• Reviews proposed solutions and provides constructive and meaningful comments and suggestions for improvement.
Academic & Professional Qualifications:
• VMWare and Microsoft certifications desirable, but not essential
Demonstrated Skills and Experience:
• Desirable: Client environment includes the following technologies, so awareness or technical experience in the following would be beneficial:
o Progress Open Edge 11.x
o Oracle Fusion 11g
o Oracle Database 12c
o Web Services APIs using JSON
o .Net framework
o Working experience in an Agile and DevOps setup
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.