Sr. Data Developer
The self-motivated person who fills this position will be joining and contributing to a dynamic and determined team that will be assisting a local Northern California public sector client to successfully transform how they provide services to their respective clients. This initiative will have a lasting positive impact on enhancing the citizen experience.
Your future duties and responsibilities
FUTURE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Analyze database implementation methods to make sure they are in line with company policies and any external regulations that may apply
• Working knowledge of the relational database engines like SQLServer, Oracle, MySQL, DB2 and PostgresSQL.
• Experience with NoSQL databases such as DynamoDB.
• Develop scripts for data migration from on – premises to the cloud
• Elevates results achieved by data integration team by serving as its chief method of support, planning solution presentations, addressed questions, improving processes and serving as a mentor
• Examines sources of data through user interviews and data object analysis
• Crafts strategies for data integration process by developing data definitions, developing a standard system that all team members use, looking for areas with optimization potential, integrating the most effective tools and setting deadlines
• Delivers data integration through the implementation of shared databases, modification and optimization of current systems, managing the exchange and storing of data, and making recommendations when upgrades or changes are needed to maintain smooth operations
• Makes improvements to the data integration process by crafting and assessing new formats for data interchange, rewriting team expectations and procedures as needed, and improving physical design
• Optimizes data warehouse performance by dealing with any data conflicts that arise and keeping data definitions up to date
• Updates knowledge of best practices for senior data integration position by keeping track of new technologies and strategies for ETL’s
• Provide insight into the changing database storage and utilization requirements for the client and offer suggestions for solutions
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Motivated to drive tasks to completion and take ownership of projects.
• Demonstrated passion for user experience design and improving usability.
• Ability to work in a fast paced and agile development environment.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE
• Managing company information databases
• Knowledge of standard industry operating systems
• Information analysis
• Ability to effectively communicate
• Crafting models to present data
• Basic consulting skills
• Ad hoc reporting
• Ability to analyze, meet and recommend adjustments for company requirements
• Knowledge of data conversion techniques
AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner – Required
AWS Certified Data Analytics - Preferred
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
· SQL Server