Sr. Archer Engineer
**Must be open to working at client sites in Washington, DC.**
CGI Federal has an exciting opportunity for an Archer Engineer. You will enhance the cyber security posture of 26 civilian government agencies through improved visibility into user credential management. You will actively identify and mitigate a wide range of cyber risks and will also work closely with a wide variety of agencies, learning their mission, priorities, organization and unique challenges. This opportunity will support a dynamic, fast-paced and energetic project running 20+ concurrent implementations.
The Sr. Archer Engineer will be supporting a strategic federal cyber security client. Primary mission of the project will be in implementing a proactive risk management solution to enhance the customer’s defense posture. Candidate will work with a highly skilled and experienced team focusing on next generation security solutions. Additionally, this individual will serve as a trusted advisor, technical leader and cyber security expert for the organization and drive future growth capabilities from existing engagements. This candidate will function as a security advisor and consultant for customers on people, policy, processes and technology issues surrounding security engagements while helping scope and design multi-vendor security solutions for large networks.
Your future duties and responsibilities
Daily activities include working with customer teams and supporting current tasks and activities.
- Responsibilities include leading customer engineering teams
- Work closely with customer delivery managers to prioritize daily tasks
- Participate in technical meetings with customers’ technical specialists
- Provide support for incidents relating to Archer infrastructure operations
- Continuously improve customers’ RSA deployments and integrate new technologies and services
- Development of workflows to effectively automate assessment and authorization of agency systems and applications
A member of the program’s security team, individual will provide leadership and support activities to actively manage, track, execute, coordinate and report all tasks pertaining to the automation of assessment and authorization activities of customers’ information systems
- Development of IA control analysis and workflow process
- Identify security tools and services to link to ongoing assessment and authorization of information systems
- Continuously review and update Archer continuous monitoring module to aggregate security scanner and sensor data
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
- Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearance requirements, US citizenship is required.
- Bachelor's degree + 8 years of experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in supporting information assurance specifically focusing on NIST’s risk management framework
- Additional minimum of 3+ years hands-on experience in conducting ISSO duties to include security control analysis, security document generation, vulnerability assessments, incident management and supporting ATO processes and procedures
- 5+ years of experience administering and deploying Archer tool suite
- Subject matter expertise in the deployment of Archer use cases
- Experience in consulting and defining customer needs, developing requirements, analysis, and advising solutions to customers
- Thorough understanding and operational experience with Archer’s Continuous Monitoring, Federal Enterprise Management and A&A modules
- Develop customized scores based on the CAESARS framework for continuous monitoring of security controls
- Experience with implementing custom Archer deployments and understanding of COTS integration
- Experience integrating data feeds into Archer and the integration of scanners and sensors to enable data driven events including but not limited to: Tenable Nessus, McAfee Policy, Orchestrator, Rapid7, Tripwire, IBM BigFix, Splunk and Forescout CounterAct
- Articulate and convey advanced technical concepts in presentations and client meetings
- Ability to produce high quality technical documentation
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and strong technical learning aptitude required.
- Experience with translating customer requirements into Archer solutions via custom ODAs, fields, DDEs, and reports where appropriate
- Ability to leverage the Archer Data Feed Manager to integrate external data sources
- Excellent grasp of the methods by which Access Control is implemented within Archer
- Candidate must possess excellent oral/written communication skills and a proven ability to present complex, technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences and be able to document requirements and solution modifications
- Familiarity with Archer Incident management module
- Currently hold Archer specific certifications: RSA Archer Administrator
- Security relevant certifications: CISSP, CISM, CISA, Security+
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.