Solutions Architect (Utilities - EMS)
CGI is seeking a Solution Architect (Utilities - EMS) with 10+ years of experience to join a program team which is leading a business critical upgrade as part of the Advanced Grid initiative at a leading US utility.
The career opportunity will be located in Golden, CO!
Will be accountable for the delivery of a critical project to deploy an upgrade to the EMS system, which includes upgrades to Infrastructure, Network, and Control Center build-outs.
The project will develop integrations to existing systems and deploy to each of three operating companies.
Responsible for coordinating with all internal IT organizations to create designs in adherence with enterprise standards for infrastructure, network, security, application integrations, etc.
Will work with the Project Manager to support the planning of the work and mitigation of technical issues and risks.
Responsible for ensuring all vendor technical deliverables are met and applications are integrated successfully.
CGI offers more than a job. We offer limitless opportunities to make a difference for the clients and communities we serve. Come join committed, skilled and passionate people just like you! Come be part of our top global utility practice, serving 250+ utility providers in electric, water, and natural gas, including 8 of the top 10 in both Europe and North America. Our team of 6,500+ utility experts has significant expertise in providing the right approach to transforming electric utilities to a smarter, decarbonized grid. Our culture is collaborative and casual and we are looking for additional electric utility SMEs to join.
Your future duties and responsibilities
The Solutions Architect (Utilities-EMS) will contribute to the end-to-end architecture and technical implementation of the ADMS Program.
Will work with the Technical Project Manager and with vendor resources to create the design for the ADMS implementation.
• Create high and detail level design for custom software integration solutions.
• Develop artifacts to be used in downstream Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) phases, and represent these project artifacts at the Technical Review Board gates.
• Setup of test, development and production environments.
• Coordinate software installation and configuration.
• Provide leadership to in house and vendor technical resources, working with PM on suggested work assignments and leading team from design to solution.
• Serve as liaison to other teams involved in project, coordinating integration work.
• Work with Test Lead to coordinate environments and help coordinate technical resources to support testing activities.
• Work closely with PM, providing status updates on risks, issues and tasks completions.
• Coordinate technical aspects of deployment, including hardware installation, environment setup, production certification, and software deployment.
• Coordinate peer review and Software Configuration Management activities.
• Work with software vendors as needed to coordinate software deliveries, provide detailed information on bugs, etc.
• Assist in the development and delivery of technical training for application users. This includes but is not limited to classroom materials, manuals, quick reference sheets, and electronic materials.
• Assist in providing technical support to application end users through effective communication and efficient troubleshooting. Background in software support or technical customer service with direct end user contact is a plus.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Experience with Oracle, SQL Server or an equivalent RDBMS with knowledge of SQL and data modeling.
• Familiarity with all aspects of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) including requirements, planning, high level and detailed design, execution, testing and defect remediation, and implementation. Experience developing within an agile environment is a plus.
• Experience creating design for vendor solution implementations, including defending those designs with technical review boards and enterprise architecture groups, specifically to support standards for infrastructure, network, security, integrations, etc.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills including the ability to patiently communicate technical information clearly and concisely.
• Experience working with the utility industry and related technologies such as business process oriented work management systems is a plus.
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
· Data Modeling
· Solutions Architecture
· SQL Server