CGI’s Philippines is searching for an experienced Application Developer with core knowledge on SharePoint Technologies. You will have the opportunity to interact with the users when clarifying requirements and functionalities, providing estimates to enhancements, code, test and deploy these enhancements
The candidate will support the development and maintenance of existing applications used by our onshore counterparts.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Ensure that the development & test infrastructure is operational.
• Ensure that you are aware of all the technical aspects of the application. This includes the architecture, high-level & low-level design, code, installation & configuration of application.
• Review the technical documents and provide inputs to the technical lead on their completeness, accuracy and information detail.
• Resolve all technical issues that arise during the service. This may include but not limited to bug fixes and configuration changes
• Provide suitable replies to queries/clarifications raised by users.
• Ensure that all technical issues are resolved within the Project SLAs.
• Identifying potential difficulties and technical risks during the course of the service and in changes to software related to bug fixes and enhancements. Any such issues should be pro-actively acted upon and where warranted review the same with the Service Delivery Manager.
• Liaising with other support team to ensure that the production infrastructure required by the project/service is operational.
• Plan and conduct knowledge transfer to new team members and related processes in collaboration with Service Delivery Manager.
• Familiarize yourself with the relevant architecture, coding standards documents so that you strictly adhere to these while coding.
• Be pro-active in resolving technical issues arising at the time of coding.
• Escalate to Service Delivery Manager if you are unable to resolve technical issues within a reasonable amount of time.
• Develop code and unit test plans which adhere to the software development standards defined for the project.
4. Code Review
• Provide support (as deemed necessary by your Service Delivery Manager) in conducting code reviews within your team. All code shall be reviewed based on the coding standards used for the project.
• Ensure that all comments raised on your code during the review are closed.
• Ensure that the work-package is unit tested only after the code review (and the actions arising thereof) is completed.
5. Unit Testing
• Prepare unit test cases for your assigned work ensuring that it is adequate in depth and coverage.
• Script the unit test cases for automatic execution (if applicable).
• Always consider the full potential impact of changes being implemented and perform appropriate regression tests.
• Ensure that a complete regression test is done whenever the code is changed.
• Act as the lead in integrating (technical & functional) the various components and preparing the builds.
• Take the lead in resolving technical issues arising during a Build/Acceptance.
• Ensure that a build is regression tested using the above unit test cases before sending the drop.
7. Progress reporting
• Update your Service Delivery Manager with the daily progress.
• Escalate to your Service Delivery Manager at the earliest, if there is a likelihood of not being able to meet the agreed SLAs or if a significant delay is expected in the schedule or effort overrun.
• Update process workflow and documents pertaining to task at hand
• Ensure that the quality of outputs meets client requirement. This is applicable not just for the final output, but to every intermediate step required to deliver the output.
• Take an active role in your team to trouble shoot technical problems.
• Install any development software as required by the engagement.
• Ensure that the work is executed in accordance to the service delivery & quality plan.
• Establish and maintain good working relationships with Managers, Leads, and team members.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Minimal 2 years application support or development roles;
• Knowledge & Skilled
.Net 3.5 Framework
SharePoint 2013/2016 client-side customizations
SharePoint REST Service
SharePoint Client-side Rendering
Custom Workflows using SharePoint Designer (2010 and 2013 platforms)
Cascading Style sheets
SharePoint 2016 server-side customization
Custom Web Parts
SharePoint Object Model
Custom list definitions and instances
SQL (query, stored procedures, tables, etc)
SharePoint setup/Administration know-how
• Possess a can do attitude
• Ability to take full ownership on given tasks
.Net 3.5 Framework
2. SharePoint 2013/2016 client-side customizations
b. SharePoint REST Service
c. SharePoint Client-side Rendering
d. Custom Workflows using SharePoint Designer (2010 and 2013 platforms)
f. Cascading Style sheets
3. SharePoint 2016 server-side customization
a. Custom Web Parts
b. SharePoint Object Model
c. Custom list definitions and instances
d. SQL (query, stored procedures, tables, etc)
4. SharePoint setup/Administration know-how
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.