CGI is in the top 5 largest global IT companies spread across 40 countries with endless opportunities to expand and grow. As a CGI Federal Member, you will have the opportunity to be a shareholder at CGI and join a family of 77,000 members strong.
CGI Federal has an exciting opportunity for a Scrum Master supporting our DHS CDM DEFEND program. This person will have a strong background in Scrum and Agile and will lead a geographically dispersed team that follows established Agile processes, facilitates Agile ceremonies, and runs Kanban boards. The Scrum Master will assist management in the daily operation of a major cyber security program. This individual will lead the Lafayette Team Scrum and be responsible for facilitating and triaging help desk tickets with team members located in both Louisiana and Virginia. This individual will also work with Team CGI supporting seven (7) federal agencies as Agency Core Teams (ACT). The successful candidate for this position is a highly motivated individual, a self-starter who works effectively in a dynamic environment.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Manage end-to-end quality deliverables/documentation and processes for the Lafayette Team Scrum;
• Ensure Agile documentation evolves as established Agile processes continue to improve, including documentation in Confluence;
• Create reports, track metrics, and communicate statistics to Team CGI leadership and DHS;
• Create EasyBI reports that include valuable metrics to be used by teams and leadership with the goal of continuously improving capabilities and support to DHS;
• Ensure Kanban is up-to-date with user stories for all team member locations;
• Run Kanban boards and conduct and support planning and retrospectives;
• Verify and validate tickets and assign to appropriate team members based on their skillsets and the advice of SMEs, as well as ensure tickets are being worked to completion;
• Update tickets with appropriate Categories, Project Codes, and Detail by working directly with the ticket requestors;
• Triage tickets to verify that adequate detail, tracking events, schedules and milestones are annotated for the specific Epics such as Release Versions, Troubleshooting, and Data Quality efforts;
• Attend planning meetings and readouts;
• Facilitate Agile ceremonies for Lafayette team;
• Work diligently to understand requirements and user stories;
• Lead by example and coach members as they improve their Agile understanding and work through tickets;
• Facilitate the team’s successful completion of planned work, epics, tickets, mitigating risks and overcoming issues;
• Track team progress and work to resolve issues, impediments, and blockers; and
• Communicate progress, issues, and needs to both team members and management.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearance requirements, US citizenship is required as well as successful passing of CGI background check prior to beginning work. In addition, candidates must have ability to obtain and maintain a DHS EOD/Public Trust clearance;
• Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of experience. Four additional years of relevant work experience may substitute for a degree;
• Thorough understanding of, and master level experience with, Agile methodology and Scrum processes;
• This is a highly interactive role and, as such, you will need excellent communication skills both written and verbal;
• Excellent organization and prioritization skills, with the ability to work multiple deadlines and with several teams simultaneously;
• Strong organizational skills;
• Ability to effectively plan and run team meetings; and
• Ability to relate epics, tickets and sub-tasks to milestones and tasks for specific schedule/event tracking.
• Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification;
• Technical knowledge/skills/experience;
• Experience with various project management methodologies;
• Experience on complex work assignments in matrixed organizations;
• Domain knowledge of Security and the DHS Continuous Diagnostics and Mitigation (CDM) Program.
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.