Are you motivated by the opportunity to work for Galileo? Galileo is Europe’s own global satellite system and currently consists of a constellation of 22 satellites. It is capable of providing a highly accurate, guaranteed global positioning service under civilian control. The system is still under development and has recently entered the Exploitation Phase.
To strengthen our team responsible for the Key Management Facility of the Galileo Mission Segment, we are looking for a RAMS engineer. You will play a key role in developing a mission-critical systems for one of the most prestigious space programmes.
Your future duties and responsibilities
The RAMS engineer is responsible for undertaking the various analysis required to understand the safety and reliability issues of various Galileo ground infrastructure and system designs. You have affinity with complex systems and can determine the reliability of these systems by means of Failure Tree analysis, Failure Mode Effect and Criticality Analysis. The RAMS engineer is also responsible for the Dependability of the system by means of the maintainability analysis.
• Undertake the analysis to maintain the Reliability of the system.
• By means of a Failure Tree analysis.
• By means of a FMECA.
• Maintain and determine the maintainability of the system.
• Determine the availability of the system.
• Work with the design teams to ensure a reliable system.
• Identify and report risks and critical items by entering them into the Risk and Critical Items Databases.
• Tracking and processing of all hazards and risks.
• Review and support subcontract RAMS analysis.
• Review and maintain and control the safety aspects and analysis of the designs.
• Prepare and maintain the RAMS analysis report.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Knowledge of the Galileo Software Standard.
• Can set-up and maintain a Failure Tree analysis.
• At least two years of experience as a RAMS Engineer.
• Experience with space projects.
• Eligibility for an EU Personal Security Clearance at the level of CONFIDENTIAL and above is part of the selection procedure
• You have demonstrated good written and verbal communication skills while working in a team.
Education and certification
• Bachelor’s degree with a focus on Information Technology/Communications, or equivalent.
Excellent working conditions and an indefinite contract. When you work at CGI, you are right on a challenging workplace with professional colleagues and you are the building block within a close community. We encourage you in your development and offer you all the space. Growth is self-evident.
Apply immediately! More information about the vacancy? Contact Jeroen Meulman via (06) 539 30 249
For other questions about the application procedure, please contact the Recruitment department on (088) 564 00 00 or
Acquisition on account of this vacancy is not appreciated!
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Fondé en 1976, Groupe CGI Inc. est la 5e entreprise indépendante mondiale de conseil et services en technologies de l’information. Grâce à ses 68 000 professionnels dont 10200 en France et au Luxembourg, CGI offre un portefeuille complet de services-conseils stratégiques en informatique et en management, des services d’intégration de systèmes, de développement et de maintenance d’applications informatiques, de gestion d’infrastructures technologiques ainsi qu’une vaste gamme de solutions exclusives à des milliers de clients à l’échelle mondiale depuis ses bureaux mondiaux de prestation de services dans les Amériques, en Europe et en Asie-Pacifique. CGI intervient dans les secteurs Energy & Utilities, Transport, Distribution, Industrie, Banque, Assurance, Telecoms, Secteur public.
CGI Business Consulting, l’activité Conseil du Groupe CGI. Ses 850 consultants associent expertises sectorielles, fonctionnelles et technologiques pour accompagner les plus grandes entreprises et organisations.