Oracle RPAS Engineer
Founded in 1976, CGI is a leading end-to-end IT and business consulting services provider. CGI’s New England Business Unit located in the heart of the Greater Boston Technology belt, provides many opportunities for its members. Our team delivers a broad range of IT and consulting services to clients throughout New England including the latest in cloud, DevOps, BI/analytics and agile transformation. We embrace ongoing training, continued education, flexible hours, and an innovative tech-oriented work environment. Members participate in CGI social clubs and community outreach programs. CGI New England is passionate about CGI’s corporate mission, “To create an environment in which we enjoy working together and, as owners, contribute to building a company we can be proud of.”
CGI is seeking for an experienced Oracle RPAS senior engineer with demonstrated problem-solving skills, communication skills and the ability to collaborate with business and technical teams in a dynamic environment, we would like to discuss with you. You will have an opportunity to work with top Retail companies using your skills to develop market-leading solutions in an Agile .
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Build and support Oracle Retail Suite applications on EXADATA platform
• Provide technical direction to the application DBA team on implementing Oracle Retail Suite
• Actively participate in Infrastructure strategy, design, deployment, monitoring and maintenance of Oracle Retail Suite
• Be the primary technical staff responsible for cloning, code deployment, migration, applying patches and providing user support for environments
• Analyze problematic/slow running queries and determine root cause
• Establishes and enforces database standards and integrity
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Overall 10+ years of IT experience
• Experience working with Oracle RPAS 16.x Fusion Client (Retail Predictive Application Server)
• Experience working with Oracle Retail MFP v16.x (Merchandize)
• Effectively demonstrate on performance analysis, tuning & improvements of Oracle database based application systems, like, Oracle EBS, Oracle Retail, and Micros XStore
• Ability to effectively work on teams within a highly collaborative environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Working experience in Agile Framework (SAFe) is a plus
• DevOps tools (Ansible Playbooks) experience is a plus.
Minimum Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.