Network Implementer (Cisco)
We are a global IT and business consulting services leader, and after 40 years, we're still growing! Join Canada's largest IT Company in our Banking Services Division in Toronto.
CGI supports our members’ career aspirations, offering learning initiatives and provides access to our global health and wellness program. We also offer competitive compensation and benefits such as our share purchase plan, a profit sharing program, flexible schedules that guarantee a good work-life balance!
Innovation, technology and service delivery are our focus. Our goal is to ensure our clients remain ahead of the competition. We provide a full spectrum of services from Business Consulting and Systems Integration to Managed Services and IP Solutions that are transforming our clients’ operations and helping them to succeed.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Modify network equipment configuration based on the technical requirements identified in the Implementation plan.
• Analyze the network needs/impacts (LAN, WAN & security) within the framework of infrastructure projects.
•Evaluate and estimate new telecom implementations (LAN/WAN/security) to determine scope and efforts required.
•Produce necessary documentation (diagrams, network implementation plans, etc) for implementation by the technicians and the support by the service assurance teams.
•Coach junior members of the team on using standard CGI procedures.
•Interface with various stakeholders (I.e. architect, CPMO, PM, OPS, etc) regarding project, implementation and operations issues.
•Manage and report project-time accurately as per the assignment system
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Expertise and experience with communication system components (including wide and local area networks, MPLS, IP addressing, Gig-E and ATM technologies, V-LANS, routing, OSPF, firewall configurations and data flows, and other infrastructure components.
• Managed security services experience, including site-to-site and remote access VPN.
• Extensive knowledge of Telecom industry and network protocols.
• Strong IP sub-netting and IP management skills required.
• Thorough knowledge of public/private IP addressing management and network address translation.
• Routing protocols. (BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, RIP1&2)
• Switching architecture and protocols. (VLANs, VTP, Trunking, Port-channeling, Spanning Tree)
• TCP/IP, Summarization.
• Network Authentication. (RADIUS, TACACS+)
• VPN Technology (IPSec, Key Management, Client & Site-to-site and remote access solutions)
• Firewall technologies. (Checkpoint FW1, Cisco, Juniper, Palo Alto)
• Load balancing and failover technologies.
• Management and shaping experience with Quality of Service.
Education and Experience:
• University degree or equivalent work experience in communication systems.
• CCDP and/or CCNA certification.
• Minimum 3-5 years of network experience with Cisco and related work experience in a large scale network environment.
• Ability to interface with client and engagement teams at the appropriate level.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Excellent communication skills in English.
• Strong prioritization and organizational skills.
• Good research/assessment skills.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• This position requires limited travel within the GTA and possible after-hours support during project implementation phase.
• Knowledge of the OSI model, network protocols such as DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP and in depth knowledge in support and management of routers, switches and firewalls. (Cisco, Checkpoint, Juniper, Palo Alto).
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.
· Network Architecture