As an Application Developer you will be responsible for custom application development following industry best practices. You will be expected to produce custom application solutions by working closely with business users throughout all phases of the software development lifecycle. You will also work both collaboratively and independently among a team of other application developers in the areas of requirements gathering, learning industry and best practices, solution architecture and software development methodology
Your future duties and responsibilities
FUTURE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Deliver production quality code in a high risk trading environment using Agile development practices
• Review, analyze, and modify systems as needed
• Produce scripts/scripting to integrate with team’s automated process and tooling for build/deploy
• Collaborate with users and other IT teams to maintain, develop and deploy the best solutions
• Establish technology standards with the team and other development managers
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE
• 2 years of experience with application design, development, delivery and support on Microsoft Windows platform: Windows, IIS, SQL Server, .net
• 2 years of experience with agile software development practices, i.e., Scrum/Lean/Kanban/XP, TDD/BDD, CI/CD
• 2 years of experience with C#/.net, Object Oriented Programming (OOP) and open source frameworks (Nuget) to build MVC web applications and .net services
• 2 years of experience with MS-SQL Server and related services: SSIS, SSRS
• 2 years of experience with MS-Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) & working knowledge of the most recent release
• Utilize development tooling to track and automate software delivery through the SDLC: e.g., Jira, Confluence, Git, TeamCity, OctopusDeploy, Powershell
• Experience with alternatives to Microsoft stack: e.g, RabbitMQ, MongoDB, Redis, NodeJs, AngularJs, Linux, Mac, iOS, Xamarin
• Proven ability to complete assigned work in timely and quality manner
• Effectively collaborate with peer group (Scrum team)
• Effectively communicate with our Business Partners: end-users, user groups and product owners
• Demonstrate personal initiative to meet personal and professional goals
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
· SQL Server