Legal Assistant (Management Analyst I) EOIR
CGI Federal is seeking a Legal Assistant to support the Department of Justice Executive Office of Immigration Review.
• Inputs case information in database management system.
• Assists immigration judge in court hearings with administrative duties, e.g., distribute
documents to parties, receive documents from parties, print out judge’s order, update case
management system, etc.
• Covers front window in lobby area.
• Answers phones.
• Maintains records of proceedings.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Any combination of related experience as an administrative assistant, paralegal, legal
secretary, program assistant or related field.
• Experience with various software, i.e., Windows XP, WordPerfect, MS Word, Lotus 1 2 3,
Excel, and Quattro Pro.
• Excellent written and interpersonal communications skills.
• Ability to successfully complete a CGI Background Investigation to include, 50 State
Criminal, Education, Employment, Credit and Driving Records Checks to start employment.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a US Government Security Clearance (Moderate Risk
Public Trust) to start employment.
• Due to the nature of this government contract, US Citizenship is required.
• Possible travel (depends on the needs of the business)
• Some bending and lifting may be required (able to lift approx.. 30 lbs)
• Possible filing may be required.
• This is an expected 40 hour work week position
This job description is not all inclusive, there may be other job responsibilities that may arise outside of what is listed above.
Your future duties and responsibilities
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.