Description de l'offre
Infrastructure Design Architect (IDA)
If you love finding innovative solutions to improve complex systems, there’s a digital revolution underway in the UK, and it needs your help.
From public service transformation to cutting-edge commercial projects, our work has a wide reach, helping make the everyday easier, for everyone. When you start your CGI story, not only will you be improving people’s lives, you can be sure we’ll do the same for you.
And the even better news? Our friendly team will keep you inspired and will support you to do what you do best, better.
The Infrastructure Architect role bridges the gap between the Solution Architect, development team, business team and project management. The Infrastructure Architect role will define, validate and promote the right Infrastructure for a bid, a deal or a project. You will report into the account CTO and the Delivery Director, with specific responsible for delivering Growth and Change activity on the Account.
This role demands the candidate to have strong planning, communication and presentation skills, the capability to identify solutions and be proficient in technology transformation projects and the production of project proposals.
Specifically the Infrastructure Architect is able to build logical models of networks, infrastructure components and interfaces, to contribute to the development of infrastructure architectures in specific business or functional areas. These models will reflect the Infrastructure architecture views and can be mapped to the solution architecture. As Infrastructure Design Architect you will produce detailed component specifications and translates these into detailed designs for implementation using selected products.
You will define, validate and promote the good infrastructure for a bid, a deal or a project (in a project scope / a dedicated scope within a programme) within our team and to the customer.
You will also assist in the preparation of technical plans, change governance and estimation from many sources to support the full project life-cycle.
You will have broad knowledge within all areas of infrastructure, Linux, Wintel, SAN, Networks
Your future duties and responsibilities
The role of the Infrastructure Architect is to:
• Act as the focus of an Infrastructure Team developing Infrastructure solutions, contributing general technical knowledge and experience.
• Set and manage stakeholder expectations regarding infrastructure.
• Assess current and emergent technology, giving advice on price and performance.
• Develop relationships with infrastructure product vendors.
• Align the technology with the business and customer goals, identifying benefits and risk mitigation approaches associated with the proposed solution.
• Apply appropriate technical standards.
• Ensure infrastructure risks are managed, in particular non-functional requirements, including availability, scalability and performance.
• Support formal and informal technical reviews to assure quality of the infrastructure solution design.
• Own the list of infrastructure concerns, architectural decisions and contributes to the technical risk register.
• Coordinate plans and actions with project manager to make best use of available resources, including specialists such as service architects.
• Own collated infrastructure effort estimates and costs from teams, subcontractors and suppliers for one or more subsystems.
• Support the development of team members by knowledge sharing and mentoring.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
•Ideally you will have experience on working with legacy or early cloud and platforms (Linux/Windows)
• Broad knowledge of Infrastructure Architecture such as Cloud Provisioning, Servers (Linux and Wintel), backups, storage, networks
The candidate requires;
• Experience of a wide range of enterprise technologies
• The ability to create solutions for complex work requests
• Strong organisational skills; keep track of multiple, complex time-critical activities; attention to detail
• The ability to work effectively with remote and virtual teams
• The ability to work with technical and business stakeholders
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
· Wintel/Windows Server