The CGI Global Technology Operations Organization is seeking a senior Client Infrastructure Architect with strong service delivery and project management experience to cover a book of business within the GTO Consumer Services portfolio. The primary focus of this role will be to support existing cloud and hosted steady state accounts within the portfolio under the direction of the CSG Portfolio Lead. Location requirements are flexible. This role requires that the Infrastructure Architect be available for on-call escalations 24x7 in the event of outages related to the book of business.
The position of Infrastructure Architect will join the Client Engagement organization which is continuing to grow rapidly and expand its' client base. The Infrastructure Architect will work with a team of professionals with skillsets ranging from administrative to senior technical experts. Opportunities within Client Delivery for this perspective member are vast if the candidate is ambitious and values the relationship of our clients.
Your future duties and responsibilities
- To accomplish their core duty of designing and implementing complex systems, Infrastructure Architects are responsible for many tasks.
- Analyze System Requirements
- The Infrastructure Architect analyses existing systems to ensure they offer adequate security and are effectively meeting the needs of the organization. They coordinate with all areas of the organization to see that the system is working as optimally as it should. They also analyze business requirements to identify where they can integrate new hardware, operating systems, or connectivity solutions.
-Recommend Alternative Technologies and Improvements
-Based on their knowledge of IT and their analysis of the systems’ needs, the Infrastructure Architect may recommend alternative technologies or improvements to enhance information systems to support organizational goals. These recommendations are presented clearly and understandably to senior management.
- Lead Design and Review of New Systems
- Infrastructure Architects leads the design and review processes for new systems. They develop and document the proposed technical design for the integration and implementation of any new software, working across the IT department.
- Plan for Integration
- Infrastructure Architects must create detailed plans for the integration of new systems architecture into existing infrastructure. This includes logistical plans for the Operations areas to actually conduct the physical integrations, during which the Infrastructure Architect provides technical direction and support.
- Evaluate Projects
- After a new system has been integrated, the Infrastructure Architect participates in evaluating the success of the project, identifying best practices and lessons learned. They provide feedback to leadership and incorporate this information into future integration plans.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Project management experience
• Experience with web technologies and building enterprise architecture roadmaps
• Experience designing, integrating and managing complex infrastructure solutions
• Knowledge of client-server networking and database management
• Ability to provide technical system solutions, determine overall design direction and provide hardware recommendations for complex technical issues
• Experience planning and developing support processes and adhering to best practices
• Strong written and oral communication skills, and the ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical audiences
• Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies
Skill Set Years of Experience Proficiency Level
Infrastructure Architecture 5-8 years Experienced
Project Management 3-5 years Experienced
Customer Engagement 3-5 years Experienced
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
· Analytical Thinking
· Communication (Oral/Written)
· Customer Service & Support
· Project Management