Employment Compliance Administrative Support
Opportunity to join a fast-paced, dynamic, and long-tenured team by supporting the company’s background check program and various employment-related initiatives at the U.S. level. This position offers the chance to broaden your knowledge of various U.S. employment regulations and their impact to employer policies and practices in an environment where we enjoy working together.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Manage team email inbox and first point of contact for all inquiries received
• Responsible for required wage notice process for new hires as well as renewals
• Provide evidences required for all U.S. background check audit requests
• Research background investigations on file to assist with determining next steps required for individuals dependent on their assignment
• Maintain CGI General Authorization & Release forms at U.S. level
• Point of contact for certain U.S. project teams (client specific)
• Provide assistance to U.S. Workplace Anti-Harassment training program
• Provide assistance to U.S. Disability Accommodation Process to include maintaining accommodation tracker and providing members with required forms
• Provide assistance with visual assessment process at U.S. level
• Maintain Employment Compliance tracking lists – Contract reviews
• Responsible for scheduling and organizing bimonthly team meetings
• Provide backup assistance to Employment Compliance Adjudicators
• Adjudicate less complicated background investigation and/or drug screen results
• Miscellaneous Employment Compliance team projects and responsibilities as needed
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
A high school diploma and 2-5 years of experience. In addition:
• Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
• Proficient in manipulating data and spreadsheets using Excel to include creating pivot charts and using the vlookup function to analyze data
• Ability to develop PowerPoint presentations
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks effectively
• Excellent attention to detail to ensure data integrity is maintained
• Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality
• Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment with minimum supervision
• Ability to work effectively under pressure
• Self-motivated, responsible, and dedicated
• 2+ years’ experience working in Human Resources or Employment Compliance environment
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
· Microsoft PowerPoint
· Microsoft Excel