Data Analytics Architect
The primary focus of this position is to providing technology leadership and architectural guidance, technology recommendations, reusable solutions and transition strategies as it relates to data architecture . This work will support development and implementation of information-intensive initiatives based on common practices for multiple complex projects within the transportation vertical..
The incumbent will help with the overall strategy as well as tactical initiatives with the client. This is an important initiative for the client and this role will play a visible role helping to define the overall data analytics roadmap and future growth.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Provide architectural strategic thinking, information solutions, and roadmaps to drive architectural recommendations.
• Maintain a plan to address significant architecture gaps between current and target state.
• Provide systems and data architecture services to project teams
• Lead 'reuse, buy and build' decisions.
• Ensure architectural compliance of solutions and introduce recommendations for changes to reference models when needed.
• Collaborate with business leaders to determine how to best use technology to enable growth and success (e.g. operational reporting and advanced analytics).
• Participate in defining and driving architecture competencies, processes, and best practices
• Understand potential impacts of proposed solutions on other systems, processes or projects.
• Articulate and document designs, considering tradeoffs, costs, and benefits.
• Develop ongoing knowledge of current and emerging technologies.
• Identify new and emerging solutions, assess relevance and potential value to the organization, and present findings to teammates and management.
• Participate in day-to-day execution of the architecture strategy
• Develop blueprints and conduct design reviews to ensure architectural compliance of solutions.
• Work across multiple projects and systems to develop, communicate, and mentor others on information design/implementation standards, guidelines and best practices
• Support and evolve the Information Domain within the data analytics group working with other members across CGI
In addition to working with agile delivery teams, the Data Analyst Architect may participate in developing strategy and tactics for the renovation and replacement of legacy software components as we transitions to its end-state architecture.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Minimum of 10 years work experience in enterprise and Systems Architecture and data design and modeling
• Minimum of 10 years work experience in application development (OLTP, data manufacturing, data warehouse, data marts, information delivery)
• Strong technical skills in middleware, integration (ETL), , deployment and configuration
• Working knowledge of emerging business intelligence and analytic capabilities (e.g. Big Data, machine learning, in memory analytics, etc.)
• Experience working with a structured architecture process (e.g. TOGAF or similar) - certification preferred
• Familiarity with transportation vertical highly desirable
. Other qualifications include experiences in:
• SQL Server
• Data visualization tools (Qlik preferred)
• Data design tools (ERWin or equivalent)
• Metadata management/Data Catalog
• Component Based Design (e.g. microservices, SOA)
• Transaction design (OLTP, Batch, etc.)
• Cloud (public, private, hybrid)
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.
· SOA/Enterprise Service Bus
· SQL Server