We are currently seeking a Business Analyst with strong analytical and communication skills to provide support for the client’s Momentum Performance Budgeting software. The candidate will work to bridge the gap between the client needs and solution development to ensure a strong product is deployed. The candidate should be able to independently learn and become an expert in the Momentum Performance Budgeting software in order to advise the federal client on best practices and procedures. The candidate may also support the client in analyzing Performance Budgeting issues entered through a Help desk portal and on-site assistance. Federal financial management/accounting and/or budgeting experience with some exposure to Oracle SQL will help the candidate be successful in this role.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Help drive successful operation of Momentum Performance Budgeting by delivering high quality advisory and support services to government clients.
• Document workflows and processes based on requirements.
• Document requirements and provide final technical review and validation of requirements.
• Work with stakeholders and the project team to prioritize collected requirements.
• Provide additional support and guidance to clients during the implementation phase to include development of training resources.
• Perform testing to confirm user issues and support system enhancements.
• Identify and communicate areas of improvement, business processes findings, potential business opportunities, risks and issues to CGI management.
• Development of SQL queries and scripts for data analysis and manipulation
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Our Federal customer requires that all applicants possess US citizenship and be eligible for a SECRET security clearance. An interim Secret clearance is required to begin working onsite with our client, and a Secret clearance must be maintained throughout the project duration
• 5+ years of workplace experience with SDLC Testing or data analysis experience
• Bachelor’s degree in information systems, computer science, business administration or related field (or equivalent experience/education)
• Experience or ability to analyze and troubleshoot data discrepancies, identify root cause, and implement fixes
• Ability to quickly learn new business process and systems
• Demonstrated critical thinking to analyze issues, evaluate solutions, and ask clarifying questions
• Strong customer service skills. (E.g., Ability and desire to develop and maintain productive client relationships)
• Proficient in the Microsoft Product Suite to develop user training documents
• Experience in government functions such as federal acquisition, grants, and/or financial management is preferable
• Active Secret Security Clearance
• Working knowledge of Oracle SQL
• Experience with user training preferred
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
· Business Analysis
· Enterprise Resource Planning