CGI is looking for an Agile coach with extensive Agile experience to join our US Industry Solutions Unit. We are actively pursuing development of new products to market in an aggressive campaign. Successful candidates must have solid experience in facilitating Agile software development teams, especially with Scrum as the development framework, be comfortable working with both teams and management stakeholders, and have evolved facilitation skills and be comfortable in mentoring, training and/or offering professional coaching.
Your future duties and responsibilities
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Coach Agile teams with continuous process improvement of software delivery
• Good understanding of product development and engineering organizations
• Ability to manage dynamic priorities under pressure and work flexible schedules to support globally distributed teams
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills, and the ability to speak knowledgeably with members of both the business and development teams
• Provide Agile coaching to teams on all aspects of the project management framework, with a strong focus on Scrum practices. This includes working in a hands-on manner with the teams, as well as in a consultant model.
• Embrace servant leadership and embody the qualities and mindsets that are associated with Agile methods.
• Enable the continual improvement of software development projects. This includes better predictability of scheduling, improvement of productivity, emphasis for quality of delivery commitments.
• Coach teams and management towards improving agile processes and metrics. Help with new Scrum team setup or evaluate and mentor existing Scrum teams. Deliver training sessions as part of coaching for roles including product owners, developers and testers.
• Develop and evaluate team metrics and make recommendations to teams and management for improvements.
• Capture feedback and continuously improve Agile guidance, training materials and content.
• Guide the organization towards Agile maturity by organizing workshops and presentations.
• Bring disclosure and transparency to the work and earn the trust of the team and organization
• Participate in Agile knowledge communities; continuously share and improve related practices and knowledge.
• Foster knowledge sharing and assist with creation and delivery of best practices documentation and training materials.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills
- 3 or more years of experience as a Scrum Master and at least 1 year as Agile Coach
- Experience with globally distributed teams
- Demonstrates leadership and interpersonal skills to engage and motivate team members
- Demonstrates initiative and strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of Scrum, Lean, XP, Kanban, DevOps and other Agile development techniques
- Experience with customer-facing web application development
- Ability to understand and aggregate product knowledge, including execution to product roadmap
- Strong emphasis on teamwork and close collaboration across all roles and functions
- Ability to synchronize with non-technical teams to deliver product releases smoothly, and managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work with vendors and stakeholders to identify project risks, constraints and dependencies - Solid technical background
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification
Desired Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Certified Scrum Professional (CSPO or CSP-SM) certification
- PMP certification
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or a related field
- Experience with Scaled Agile (preferrably SAFe) implementations
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
· Agile Coach