Description de l'offre
3rd Line Network Engineer
Be part of something exciting and join the CGI Group as an 3rd Line Network Engineer. Are you ready for the responsibility of working with high profile clients in the world’s most exciting sectors? Do you want to take your career to the next level as part of one of the big five IT and business process firms in the world?
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Make changes to infrastructure according to agreed processes and procedures
• Assess the impact of making a change where applicable
• Perform testing or liaison with users, where applicable, to confirm changes are successful
• Updating documentation as part of the change process
• To pro-actively investigate and advise on service improvements across the range of telecommunication services
• Authoring and reviewing work instructions and standard operating procedures
• To engage in audits, review, and document CGI and customer infrastructure where required as part of service improvement initiatives, including visiting customer premises
• Providing input to disaster recovery plans and providing support during disaster recovery tests
• Working with design and implementation teams while introducing new projects into Business As Usual support
• Liaison with contractors, supplies, and other sections of CGI where required as part of the change process
• To investigate and resolve complex and high-priority incidents on telecommunication/network services passed from 1st and 2nd line teams
• Appraisal of faults, and liaison with customer representatives where required
• To liaise with application, server, database, SAN, and security teams during complex incident investigations
• To liaise with third party providers of services (public telecoms operators, software and hardware maintainers)
• Authoring and reviewing incident reports for high priority or complex incidents
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Experience working within a networking environment.
• Monitoring of Incident queues and Network Management Systems
• Good working knowledge of Cisco networking technologies, LAN, WAN, WiFi
• Router technology and routing protocols, e.g., OSPF, EIGRP, BGP
• Network Management systems including BMC, SolarWinds, Netflow, PRTG, Whats up Gold
• Network security encompassing Cisco ASA, Checkpoint, Fortinet
• Familiar with Intrusion Detection and Prevention technologies
• Familiar with packet shaping, load balancing, and VPNs
• Knowledge of the ITIL framework and terminology
• Available to be part of an on-call rota providing cover outside of standard business hours for high-priority incidents if required.
• Able to work independently, but also work within a team environment.
• Willing to join a future on-call rota
• Comfortable reporting into all levels of customer and internal management
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Thrives on change/challenge
****SC clearance as mandatory due to the nature of the work. To apply, you must be willing and able to undergo the UK's vetting process ****
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.