A WORLD LEADER IN TESTING, INSPECTION & CERTIFICATION SERVICES
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.
The Product Manager is responsible for the control, maintenance and distribution of the Bureau Veritas Certification NA Management System (BMS) and to keep it aligned with Global BMS. The Product Manager is also responsible for the co-ordination with Headquarters for any product related activity within Bureau Veritas Certification NA and Internal Audits for the product under his/her responsibility.
The Product Manager shall provide technical accreditation knowledge to the Bureau Veritas Certification NA organization and ensure that the BMS and other relevant oversight body standards are met. The Product Manager in in conjunction with Certification/Technical Manager shall ensure the co-ordination of all external and internal audits.
The Product Manager shall support the Business Development function in ensuring domestic and global contracts are established to meet client, Bureau Veritas Certification and oversight body requirements. The Product Manager shall also support the management of Key Accounts related to the product he/she is responsible.
The Product Manager shall assist in the co-ordination of the development of new products in accordance with budgeted and strategic requirements.
· To conduct & coordinate the administration and technical file review to decide on certificate issuance.
· To provide technical support to all processes of Bureau Veritas Certification and ensure that both office personnel and audit teams are competent to perform the activities related to the product he/she is responsible.
· To participate in the review, update and maintenance of BMS and Bureau Veritas Certification Management System to all relevant locations including audit staff and ensure that it is continuously used and effectively implemented. Ensuring that the Bureau Veritas Certification Management system meets the principal standards of accreditation and BV / Bureau Veritas Certification Policy.
· To act as the liaison with Headquarters and any oversight bodies.
· To participate in product/program development within Bureau Veritas Certification ensuring that all products are developed within the requirements of the BMS and oversight body requirements. To ensure the proper tools, procedures and support are developed in tandem.
· To conduct/facilitate internal audit and external audits as needed.
· To drive continual improvement in all areas of Bureau Veritas Certification activities by co-ordinating customer satisfaction surveys, mid-term surveys and loyalty surveys.
· To assist in the coordination of Management Review and Registration Committee meetings.
· To assist in the maintenance of Bureau Veritas Certification approvals for program deliverance
· To participate in the control and resolution of all non-conformities raised against Bureau Veritas Certification, however they may arise i.e. Customer Complaints, External Audits and Internal Audits.
· To undertake any other reasonable tasks as directed by the management.
· To perform audits in any capacity in conformance with the specific audit protocol and prepare audit and corrective action plan reports based on SMETA principles.
· To assist in the recruitment, training and deployment of other auditors and lead auditors.
· To participate actively in witness audits of Bureau Veritas Certification auditors and clients.
Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s):
· Maintenance and expansion of Bureau Veritas Certification activities
· Certification decisions are taken within agreed time-frames
· Corrective action completed on time and effective.
Qualifications (Basic Essentials):
· Bachelor’s degree relevant discipline
· Have satisfactorily completed a recognized Lead Auditor training course in Occupational Health & Safety, Environmental and Social Accountability / CSR management Systems. The course(s) must include an examination, which must be passed to evidence satisfactory completion.
· Have competent working knowledge of recognized Occupational Health & Safety, Environmental and Social Accountability / CSR Management System auditing standards and procedures.
· 3-10 years of industry experience
· Have had performed at least 30 man-days of audits on SMETA, SA 8000 or ETI base code in last 12 months.
· 2-5 years of experience working in a third party certification sector in the similar capacity.
· Business acumen
· Ability to use analytical thinking to make critical decisions and solve business problems
· Excellent organizational and time management skills
· Strong interpersonal skills highlighting communications excellence and professionalism
· Effective team working abilities
· Self-motivated, detail oriented, with high-regard for meeting deadlines.
· Strong computer skills (high proficiency in Microsoft Excel)
· Lead Auditor registration with any globally acceptable qualification registration body / board such as IRCA, Exemplar Global etc.
· Over 5 years of experience working at Product / Scheme Manager position in a reputable third party Certification Body.
· Qualified Lead Auditor in any other discipline such as Energy Management, Information Security etc.
Bureau Veritas North America, Inc. offers exciting challenges, competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package including a company matched 401(K) plan.
Bureau Veritas North America, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with your request to We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below: