A WORLD LEADER IN TESTING, INSPECTION & CERTIFICATION SERVICES
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.
Bureau Veritas North America, Inc. has an opening for a Part Time/As Needed Engineering Technician in the Sacramento area.
· Maintain GIS parcel base; address and street name management
· Provide project conditions of approval
· Query and analyze GIS data and prepare maps, tables and exhibits
· Maintain zoning and land use maps
· Track and report development activity and population
· Provide technical support to various other departments
· Review improvement, landscape and building plans
· Perform field surveys, construction project inspections
· Provide compilation and distribution of data and maps
· Monitor traffic engineering
· Provide coordination of engineering support functions and demonstrate initiative in analyzing and resolving problems.
· Maintains records of right away transactions and maps
· Gathers and tabulates statistical data, compiles data and cost estimates from maps and drawings
Knowledge of engineering mathematics, principles and concepts, principles, practices and methods of surveying, public works construction, property lines, right-of-way, easements, deed descriptions, traffic investigation, survey and report activities.
· Education- Any combination of education or experience normally equivalent to a two year college degree, that would provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
· Experience- Minimum of two years’ experience as Engineering Technician.
· Must have a valid class C California driver’s license and safe driving record
· Working knowledge of office computer software – Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe, etc.
· Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Must be a team player and able to work well with clients and co-workers
· Must possess problem solving skills
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with your request to We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below: