Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations. Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company and constantly leverages the energy of its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward. Headquartered in London, Burberry is a design, marketing and retail led business with a global reputation for innovative product design, digital marketing initiatives and dynamic retail strategies.
· To provide clarity on business and design requirements for the App and interpret these into backlog items that can be delivered iteratively
· To be proactive in engaging third party agencies and business stakeholders across marketing, creative, retail, digital, supply chain, third party agencies and infrastructure teams.
· To analyse, ratify and document scope, requirements and processes, identify dependencies and synergies relating to requirements and solutions.
We have an opportunity for an Agile Business Analyst to join the team behind Burberry’s multi-award winning App as it embarks on an ambitious expansion programme.
Burberry’s core strategy is to sharpen our brand position, placing ourselves firmly in luxury, with a focus on creating luxury digital and retail experiences for our customers.
The experiential, inspiring content and consumer experience on the App is a cornerstone of this strategy, immersing customers in personalised, shoppable stories. It provides style inspiration and a gateway into the world of this classic global brand. In the last year Burberry’s App has won both a Webby Award and a Draper’s Digtial award for best App, as well as a Glossy for best App.
The App business analyst will be an end-to-end ecommerce all-rounder with experience of working with best in class designers and back end engineering capabilities to enable customer and business value. You’ll have a proven background in agile working across distributed teams, including agencies, including iterative delivery/test and learn approaches.
You will be facilitating the gathering and communication of requirements in a team of skilled professionals including product owners, service design professionals, project managers, engineers, API development and integration teams. You’ll also be engaging stakeholders across retail and supply chain and form part of a wider community of business analysts across the organisation.
We work in a changing, fast-paced, dynamic and highly collaborative environment and look for individuals who thrive in this type of setting. We also look for pragmatists and lateral thinkers with creative problem-solving skills, who are capable of confidently and effectively challenging assumptions and approaches in order to get enhancements to market faster.
· Work in collaboration with the product owner, service design, analytics, architects, API developers, offshore development teams and third parties to create a backlog of user stories and business process artefacts.
· Lean planning, analysis and documentation to ensure ‘backlog readiness’, including backlog refinement with nearshore development teams and agencies.
· Support the creation of technical documentation where needed (e.g. API documentation, system ecosystem discovery etc)
· Link IT and business teams to identify, understand and articulate the business process and design needs .
· Identify and understand the impact of cross-stream technical and feature dependencies and action accordingly to ensure consistency in requirements across streams and platforms.
· Identify opportunities to streamline the product backlog and help product owners and delivery teams prioritise and phase deliverables to maximise business value.
· Be proactive in working with the project manager in flagging, escalating and enabling the resolution of issues.
· Support, evolve and consistently contribute to improving the ways of working and outputs of the Digital BA team.
· A broad understanding of all technologies used in building digital propositions
· Able to communicate technology issues with non-technical people
· Ability to contribute to idea development
· An aptitude for visual presentation, used to articulate ideas and user journeys through sketches, diagrams
· Ability to plan for ‘just in time’ analysis and ‘good enough’ approach to documentation end to end
· Structured and analytical in problem solving
· Great people skills with an ability to understand needs rather than spoken wants
· Good judgement skills
· Ability to balance keeping things simple with detail orientation as appropriate
· A creative and entrepreneurial mindset
Technical and business competencies
· Experience working on Native IOS apps
· Experience of end to end ecommerce ecosystem and infrastructure
· Data capture, usage and storage in web/digital environment
· Front end development: web, app, in store technology
· Back end development: personalisation, partnerships, ecommerce platforms, supply chain management, CMS, CRM, content and digital asset management
· Experience working with data, API and feed technologies
· Understanding of social media platforms and applications
· Experience working on Android apps (desirable)
· Understanding of digital customer propositions and trends (desirable)
· Experience of using JIRA, Confluence or similar agile tools (desirable)
· Awareness of the Burberry Brand and luxury ecommerce/retail market more broadly (desirable)
Additional qualifications or competencies
· BCS/other Agile Business Analysis qualification or demonstrable experience
· Accredited and/or experienced in agile methodologies (Scrum, Lean)
· Familiar with Graphic suite tools like Omnigraffle, Axure, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator
· Skilled in Excel, PowerPoint and Word, Visio etc
· Technical education advantageous
Job Segment: Business Analyst, Engineer, Graphic Design, Supply, Finance, Engineering, Creative, Operations, Technology