Bouygues Travaux Publics is building two new nuclear reactors at Hinkley Point C in Somerset, the first in a new generation of nuclear power stations in the UK providing low-carbon electricity for around six million homes. Hinkley Point C is currently one of the largest construction project in Europe.
Hinkley Point C nuclear power station is one of the most exciting and challenging construction projects in the UK. Bylor, the Tier 1 Joint Venture contractor for the main civil works, is developing and implementing innovative solutions throughout the construction process.
The VIE will join the join our Commercial Team as Quantity Surveyor.
Cash management and optimisation
- Able to comprehensively compile forecasts of cash inflow and outflow for projects.
- Able to identify and classify key risks and opportunities on a project, and understand the commercial significance of same.
- Able to plan mitigation measures and manage and monitor implementation in the project team.
Project financial control, reporting and data management
- Able to accurately complete individual cost reporting forms. Has a full understanding of the source of cost and budget information for project reports.
- Able to carry out defined tasks on the project cost management system and obtain required information.
- Able to communicate effectively using correspondence and reports
- Able to monitor and influence specific cost items against a budget and report accordingly.
- Able to generate, interpret and closely monitor labour, plant, materials, subcontractors and indirects cost reports and review in detail against budgets.
- Able to apply the financial operating systems to commercial practices.
Locality: (Great Britain
Type of contract: VIE
Duration: 18 months
Starting Date: October/nNvember 2019
Engineering Master Degree (preference: civil engineer)
- Desirable: 1st experience as civil engineer in a project
- Good communication skills English & French
- Great analysis skills
- Coordination and negotiation skills
- Technical knowledge and profit minded.
- Methodical, have authority, attentive, be objective, and have a sense of responsibility.
- Excellent reporting skills