Entreprise:Bouygues Travaux Publics
Bouygues Travaux Publics is building two new nuclear reactors at Hinkley Point C in Somerset, the first in a new generation of nuclear power stations in the UK providing low-carbon electricity for around six million homes. Hinkley Point C is currently one of the largest construction project in Europe.
Hinkley Point C nuclear power station is one of the most exciting and challenging construction projects in the UK. Bylor, the Tier 1 Joint Venture contractor for the main civil works, is developing and implementing innovative solutions throughout the construction process. The Central Engineering Team provide a site wide function managing the work scopes described below. This involves regular collaboration with the Delivery Teams, the Client, Suppliers and Sub-Contractors.
- Research client issued works information, clarifying specification requirements as necessary through the FCR and RFI processes. Understand the relevant project specifications applicable to a product or process.
Product Selection and Acceptance – Identify products and materials required by the design. Obtain material/product data. Develop fabrication and assembly procedures and quality plans with suppliers and manage product trials as necessary. Prepare documentation to enable product approvals. Manage inspection & testing process where required to support product acceptance.
Technical Support to Procurement and Commercial Teams
- Liaise with delivery, commercial and purchasing teams to facilitate timely procurement, delivery, storage & installation of products into the permanent works.
Central Technical Documentation – Prepare site wide works procedures for the management of products or engineering processes. Produce site wide execution documents (Inspection & Test Plans, Risk Assessment Method Statements) to assist product installation and clarify site methodologies for construction tasks.
Locality: (Great Britain
- Hinkley Point Project)
Type of contract: VIE
Duration: 18 months
Engineering Master Degree (preference: civil engineer)
- Desirable: 1st experience as civil engineer in a project
- Good communication skills English & French
- Great analysis skills
- Coordination and negotiation skills
- Technical knowledge and profit minded.
- Methodical, have authority, attentive, be objective, and have a sense of responsibility.
- Excellent reporting skills