Description de l'offre
• Reports to Team Leader of Trade Finance Issuance Team
MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
• To keep current on Trade Finance Guidelines and Regulatory/Legal requirements by reference to related publications if available, active participation in designated in house or external training, and by on the job training. Ensure compliance with same by thorough check of own work.
• Wherever practicable, add value to the department by sharing your technical experience and knowledge with others.
• Utilize the various tools at your disposal to ensure assigned work is processed and completed within approved timeframes. Ensure management is kept updated on any potential problems relating to meeting deadlines, issues and or concerns.
• To acknowledge and if possible resolve in a timely manner any inquiries received from internal and external clients. Escalate potential problems or seek clarification as appropriate.
• Be aware of, and adhere to, all internal / external deadlines paying particular attention to notifications required by internal clients.
• Perform Ad-Hoc tasks as directed by team leader/managers.
• Responsible for the review and processing of Standby Letters of Credit [SBLC] / Guarantee language (including Bid/Performance Bonds and Letters of Indemnity), and Import & Export Documentary credits, ensuring appropriate internal approvals are in place and, as appropriate, discussion with Trade Finance Advisor and/or Operations Management for clarification or guidance.
• Other responsibilities related to letter of credit processing include the issuance, advising/confirming, amendment, examination of documents, payments, SBLC automatic reductions (Evergreen) auto-extend, fee/expense processing (including billing and collection), billing of lading processing, unfunded risk participations, and preparation of general ledger batch files and general ledger reconciliations.
• Strict adherence to internal Compliance policies and prompt escalation of any identified potential compliance issues.
• Routine inquiries should be addressed and where possible resolved, in a timely manner.
• Be aware of and comply with all internal procedures and external regulatory/legal regulations or guidelines.
TRAINING AND OCCUPATIONAL EXPERIENCE
• Technical LC experience (3-5 years) - knowledge of Uniform Customs and Practices for Documentary Credits (UCP 600), International Standby Practices (ISP98) including Uniform Commercial Code article 5 and ICC uniform Rules for Demand Guarantees (URDG 758)
• Working knowledge of AML, OFAC Compliance regulations
• Familiarity with bank accounting systems a plus
• Fluent in English language skills, Spanish language skills a plus
• Experience with the Energy & Commodities business a plus
• Microsoft Office with an emphasis on Word and Excel
• System orientated
• Bachelors Degree preferably with a Commerce Stream
ESSENTIAL SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
• Attention to Detail - quality and consistency
• Customer Service oriented (internal and external)
• Ability to maintain quality of service in a fast paced production flow (2-hour turnaround).
• Negotiating ability (internal and external)
• Problem solving/Analytical ability
• Maintain consistency of performance and compliance to operational procedures and management reporting guidelines.
• Ability to work flexible and or extended hours when necessary that includes weekends and bank holidays
A recruitment policy that promotes equity and diversity:
Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
We pride ourselves in applying non-discrimination rules to all our recruitments.
We will only contact the candidates selected who meet the job requirements in terms of training and experience.
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 195,000 employees, including more than 148,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
About BNP Paribas in Canada
In Canada, BNP Paribas is one of the dominant foreign banks in the country and is committed to building its platform even further. Since becoming the operational hub for the Group’s activities in North America in 2013, it has grown significantly to reach more than 700 employees and is expected to continue growing in the coming years. With the continued development of technology and financial fields, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts with diverse backgrounds as well as young and ambitious talent from across the globe. With the international mobility and capacity that very few companies can offer, BNP Paribas prides itself in providing a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow.