Job Title: Database Developer
Reporting to: Project Manager - Mumbai
Project Brief: Credit Risk Tools is a set of tools for the administration and reporting of Credit Risk.
The role is for a strong TSQL Database Developer with experience of working within a dynamic and fast-paced environment reacting to changing business needs who works equally well as a team player and independently with minimum supervision.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3+ years commercial and hands-on development experience on Sybase ASE/ SQL Server, T-SQL programming, stored procedures, functions, indexes, query performance optimization/tuning.
The ideal candidate will have enthusiasm for learning and working closely with the rest of development team which is located in London and Paris (BA's). The candidate should be flexible enough to work on both small scale enhancements and must also have the ability to undertake larger complicated projects with other developers.
Previous experience within the investment banking sector is not essential but a highly motivated and skilled individual who can add to the current group of talented developers is considered more important.
· Develop; implement and unit test the required solution, respecting BNP Paribas best practices, standards and tools.
· Provide estimates for work
· Provide updates of status and estimates to complete
· Take part in peer group code reviews
· Identify risks and issues, and help monitor them
· Plan, design, perform and support unit and integration tests
Successful candidate is expected to perform the above tasks in collaboration and agreement with the team leaders, project leads and other development staff.
Mandatory Technical Skills:
· Demonstrable excellent knowledge and experience on T-SQL programming, stored procedures, functions, indexes, query performance optimization/tuning.
· Excellent knowledge of databases: Sybase ASE/ SQL Server .
· Excellent software coding and analysis skills working in agile environment with daily scrum meetings.
· Working knowledge of UNIX, Ant and continuous integration environments.
· Good to have : Python
Organization Preference (if any):
· Forward thinking skilled individual
· Delivery-focused with a good eye for detail
· Structured, organized and a good communicator
· Must be able to work closely with users and business analysts
· Willing to share knowledge and skills with other developers within the team
· Whilst able to work independently, should be a true team player
· B.E / B. tech or equivalent
Work experience (in years): 3-6 years
Primary Location: IN-MH-Mumbai-Infinity IT Park (Dindoshi)
Job Type: Standard/Permanent