Database Developer (Software Engineer) - for ODIN team
Team : BNP Paribas CIB / GM IT / Regulatory IT/ ODIN
ü The team is in charge of the maintenance and the development of new features on 3 reporting applications. These applications are designed to provide KPI and reports for back-office and valuation and risk control teams.
ü The scope of managed data is:
o All functional data managed by MO/BO teams : trades / flows / positions / breaks / confirmation …
o Test case and sign-off of MO/BO procedures to follow operational risk
o Limits and mandates of trading desks
ü Technologies involved are Oracle PL/SQL, MS BI 2008 R2/2012 (SSIS/SSAS/SSRS), Business Objects XI 3.1, Java, Transact SQL, Flash, Angular JS,C#.Net.
· Participate to the definition / review of the applications architecture
· Estimate the workload based on functional specifications
· Ensure the quality and performances of the developments
· Define and execute unitary tests
· Suggest technical solutions and enhancements
· Provide level 3 support
· Utilize understanding of design principles in creating custom software solutions or modifying packages solutions.
· Independently work in application development / support / enhancements / bug-fixing.
· Analyze and document different approaches to solving technical problems.
· Demonstrate Good understanding of the Functional aspects of the application.
· Prepare high quality test plans and conduct the tests at Unit and Functional level.
· Conduct Integration tests as required.
· Conduct Regressions tests as required.
· Reporting progress to the Team Lead / Project Manager.
· Escalation of problems to local Team Lead / Management.
· Ensuring that the project and organization standards are followed during various phases of software development life-cycle and day to day development work.
· Maintain administration tasks; i.e. Jira to record progress against tasks, Wiki/Confluence for documentation and CLARITY for booking in time, support rotas etc.
· Meeting deadlines deliverables. Keeping Team Lead / Project Manager appraised of issues that affect the project and the deliverables of the project.
Mandatory Technical expertise required:
· Oracle (+++) / T-SQL (+++) (preferably) - including optimization of stored procedures, queries
· SQL PLUS (+++)/ PL SQL (+++)
· Exposure to any ETL Tool (++)
Nice to have Technical skills:
· MS BI 2008 R2/2012
· SSIS (++)
· SSRS (++) including MDX (+)
· SSAS 2008R2/2012 (+) including MDX (+) and optimization of cube process performance
· Business Objects XI 3.1 (+)
· Web Intelligence Report development
· Universe designer
· Shell (++)
· Subversion (+)
· Angular JS
· Good Communication skills
· Quality-focused with a good eye for detail
· Capacity to work in a high-pressure environment
· Curiosity and analysis skills
· Must be able to work closely with distributed team, users and business analysts
· Willing to share knowledge and skills with other developers within the team
· Whilst able to work independently, should be a true team player.