APS BP2S Manager
MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
Control Tower is an internal Team formed as a result of IT improvement process within BP2S for handling in a new way the tickets usually raised by application teams to BP²I Command Center team (Pilotage).
Existing process has some drawbacks while raising tickets to BP²I Command Center:
· When there is some issue in application team, user has to access iDelphes portal for raising tickets to Command Center.
· After raising the ticket, user cannot guarantee when it will get assigned and resolved.
· Also, there is no proper SLA maintained at BSM end.
· During critical issues like server down, user needs to resolve the issue as soon as possible for which Command Center team was not so effective.
After analyzing all these facts, BP2S started an Internal Program to increase the effectiveness and efficiency in handling the Tickets – which is nothing but “Control Tower“. Control Tower started its activity in May 7th 2017 with a total of 10 people in the team in Chennai currently.
The APS Analyst (“Analyst”) is responsible and accountable for daily support and health of the production environment for Regulatory Controls IT. Such tasks include support request, incident and problem management for the department. As required, functional support and user setup may be performed. The Analyst shall serve on a team, which acts as the first point-of-contact (Level 1): the role will be to receive, to record, and to understand issues, to fix known issues, suggest improvements, route unknown issues to Level 2 support staff, and then to communicate the resolution to the requestor. Assist the user community to resolve technical issues. Coverage during weekend and off-hours are on an "as needed" basis.
Control Tower :
The scope of Front Office functionalities are:
· To Provide CT services (Was/Weblogic, Cft/Tibco, Autosys, Icod, Kill sessions in Oracle, Sybase and SQL Server, Windows Services, set_appli) with respect of SLA (
· Continuous improvement loop: every tickets is reviewed on a weekly basis to detect and handle any quality issue (on requester side, tool side or team side).
· Problem management activity: tickets review by application to detect recurring issues.
· KPI (on a weekly and monthly basis)
· Link with BackOffice team for any tool request (new tool or maintenance)
Client Comm Support Analyst:
· Monitoring and Supporting the day to day activities
· Adherence to documented procedural standards
· Fully responsible for key activities within the agreed SLA and ITIL process.
· Escalate issues that cannot be resolved, in a timely manner
· Have a strong Customer Focus in order to provide a professional support service to clients
· Flexible approach to working hours to meet the demands of the team. Willing to work in different day
· To assist with the streamlining of the support area i.e. suggesting where procedures can be improved without the introduction of risk
· Maintain Knowledge base and share experience with support team members
· Use business and application knowledge to investigate issues raised and assist in the production of Incident reports, which form part of the shift handover
· Resolve user queries/requests
· Ensure issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved in a timely manner
· Perform level 1 support and complex analysis of reported issues, and evaluate alternative business solutions and workarounds to minimize the impacts
· Understand the database concepts and provide extractions to users whenever required
· Participate to the night support of the application and undertake the appropriate actions – both functional and technical
· Closely follow up all alerts and monitoring dashboards
· Ensure excellent communication, reporting and escalation as and when needed
Responsible and accountable to strictly and consistently adhere to BP2S IT Governance policies and procedures – Incident management
Ideal candidate profile
TRAINING AND OCCUPATIONAL EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree considered a plus.
· Knowledge of ITIL and Incident Management.
· Minimum 3 years financial industry experience
· Prior business analysis experience in an application support environment
· Experience with PL/SQL developer, Sybase ASE, Sybase IQ, UNIX (shell scripting, ability to analyse existing scripts).
ESSENTIAL SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
· Familiarity with Autosys
· Prior experience working on Bancs application is a strong plus.
· Prior experience creating procedures
· Overall General IT knowledge is a must
· Must have worked on Collecting Metrics & Analyzing the request/tickets
· Measure and identify areas for improving Quality and overall Delivery
· Good written and spoken English
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
· Able to communicate efficiently.
· Good Team Player.
A recruitment policy that promotes equity and diversity:
Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
We pride ourselves in applying non-discrimination rules to all our recruitments.
We will only contact the candidates selected who meet the job requirements in terms of training and experience.
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 195,000 employees, including more than 148,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
About BNP Paribas in Canada
In Canada, BNP Paribas is one of the dominant foreign banks in the country and is committed to building its platform even further. Since becoming the operational hub for the Group’s activities in North America in 2013, it has grown significantly to reach more than 700 employees and is expected to continue growing in the coming years. With the continued development of technology and financial fields, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts with diverse backgrounds as well as young and ambitious talent from across the globe. With the international mobility and capacity that very few companies can offer, BNP Paribas prides itself in providing a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow.