BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 72 countries, with more than 202,000 Employees – including more than 154,000 in Europe and over 5,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Process payments under its responsibility according to management guidelines & procedures in order to ensure operational delivery:
· Handle payments stopped for banking & technical reasons
· Ask authorization to process a payment stopped for banking reasons (lack of funds, status of account,…) or for incorrect / incomplete instructions (paper based or electronic) to the Client Management of the concerned affiliated site
· Chase up for reply from the Client Management of the concerned affiliated site
· Mitigate the operational risk to improve hub efficiency:
· Apply procedure in force (generic & specific procedures, SLAs, manuals of activities…)
· Detect and correct errors (first level of control)
· Raise technical issues immediately to the hierarchy
· Ensure and control the correct activity during the day in order to guarantee the hub operational delivery
· Validate if all Payment Instructions are executed in order to guarantee the Hub operational delivery
· Good communication: ability to report issues, to provide help and to suggest improvements
· Ability to identify priorities and act in client's best interest
· Process oriented and high level of integrity
· Good knowledge of CBO procedures and methods
· Good knowledge of operational risks areas
· Positive attitude and transparent communication
· Ability to manage priorities in a multitasking environment
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.