About BNP Paribas:
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 74 countries, with more than 192,000 employees, including more than 146,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
The Fund Accounting Business Analyst will work with various departments including Fund Accounting, Financial Reporting, Tax, Investment Accounting and System Administration to ensure that the accounting system can accurately process, record and maintain various all of the various types of securities and transactions (such as derivatives, fixed income, expenses, etc..) present in a client’s portfolio of funds. Additionally, the business analyst will perform non-routine Fund Accounting functions such as fund launches, mergers, and closes; day count rolls; system changes; redemptions in kind; etc…
· Work closely with other departments to keep abreast of new complex securities slated for development as well as anticipated volume on current instruments.
· Evaluate, review and provide market trends in the derivatives market, such as spread movements and default swap coverage.
· Make recommendations and assist System Administration with the implementation of new accounting modules and functionality for current and new security types.
· Responsible for up-front, in-house business requirements and testing of product and process solutions in the accounting system in order to confirm proper impact to general ledgers.
· Responsible for coordinating and facilitating implementation of above product and process solutions in the accounting system.
· Responsible for training Fund Accounting, Tax, Financial Reporting, and Investment Operations departments on both current and proposed process and functionality.
· Design, coordinate and provide reporting to both internal and external clients related to complex securities.
· May provide daily assistance in valuation of complex securities.
· Work with various prime brokers as required.
· Research and resolve a variety of issues that may be complex in nature.
· Responsible for non-routine Fund Accounting processes such as transfers in-kind, fund launches, fund liquidations, static data changes, etc...
· Provide assistance in other areas of the department as needed.
· Develop and maintain procedures for all team deliverables.