Description de l'offre
BNP Paribas Overview
BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 countries with more than 198,000 employees, including 145,000 in Europe. It ranks highly in its two core activities: Retail Banking & Services and Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB).
BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Bank is a leading European investment bank with global leadership in many of our businesses. With nearly 30,000 employees in over 57 countries, CIB can offer you an exciting and truly global career.
At BNP Paribas CIB, we work continuously on behalf of our clients, helping them to realize their projects around the world. You can be an important part of this, helping us to serve our clients both in mature and emerging markets, providing them with financial solutions across a diverse range of expertise, products and services. Our origins lie in Europe, but nearly a quarter of our employees now work in our multi-award-winning Asia Pacific offices and we are a committed player in all markets.
Strong risk management, combined with the stability that comes from being part of one of the largest banking groups in the world, underpin our success. Joining us, you'll become an integral part of a dynamic team that spans nationalities, cultures and backgrounds, drawing together people from around the globe and reflecting our commitment to international placements.
BNP Paribas CIB has made client relations the cornerstone of its strategy, with the primary aims of developing long-term relationships with our clients and meeting their needs by providing solutions across the Bank's entire product range and global presence.
Corporate Coverage includes the following areas;
• Strategic Clients - FTSE100 corporates
• Corporate Clients, which is comprised of;
(a) Corporate Clients – mid to large corporate clients headquartered in the UK
(b) Multinational Corporate (MNC) Clients – large subsidiaries of overseas headquartered clients of the Bank
• Commercial Banking Clients – smaller subsidiaries of overseas headquartered clients of the Bank
• Business Development
• Credit Analyst team
To assist the MD and Global Relationship Managers in the Coverage team with the day to day management and marketing activities of a selection of BNP Paribas's London corporate clients, primarily in the Utilities, Infrastructure and Defence sectors.
1. Client Support
• Position yourself to be the primary support to the MD / Global Relationship Managers, across all aligned client relationships through:
o attend client meetings with Banker/GRM
o working closely to take on more of the day to day work load
o handling any client issues that may arise, demonstrating an awareness of client agenda and dialogue, credit constraints, and how to coordinate any resolution
o be able to articulate the client relationship to other bank personnel
o supporting the ‘One Bank & Beyond' concept by focusing on key relationships identified with multiple areas for cross sell
Industry and Client Awareness
Show awareness of newsflow / information and analysis
• take a view on this data / issues and regularly identify business opportunities and bring them to attention of team
Presentations & Pitchbooks
• Coordinate material on an individual basis and across business lines, to deliver the appropriate input needed to complete the proposals, presentations and pitchbooks.
Delivery of research, development of ideas and independent thought
• Develop a piece of original research on key clients covered which can form the basis of a pitch
• Build relationships at the client level alongside the MD and RMs.
2. Credit/Loan Documentation
• Strong knowledge of credit required, understanding of companies' balance sheets, cash flow & p&l statements.
• Loan & Bank documentation – knowledge of loan/swap/supporting documents required
• Provide input into credit papers to provide preliminary review. Liaise with MD and RMs to prepare relationship section for Annual Review/ Credit Update papers. Attend Credit Committees.
3. Data Management & Workflow Process
Preparation of CAPs, meetings, briefing notes, maintaining databases, client data monitoring
• Ensure all client action points are followed up
• Ensure databases are always up to date (i.e. CRM, Pipeline etc)
• Internalise the client relationship and the importance of internal processes
• Take ownership for onboarding process (i.e. KYC, AML etc)
4. One BNP Paribas Global Citizenship
Trusting and Teamwork
• Demonstrate teamwork within the UK Corporate Coverage team and with partners across the business, as measured through both formal and informal feedback process.
• Share knowledge and best practice with colleagues and other business lines.
• Manage any change through the new Growth plan, champion new processes, methodologies and behaviours.
• Be fluid in approach and show flexibility, working within the team based on varied workloads.
5. Product Knowledge
• Develop your understanding across corporate finance /treasury concepts, client needs and how Bank / Client solutions are created, across all product lines. Expand to include all lines of business
• Good understanding of back office functions
• Continue to develop your understanding of client needs and buying behaviours, and be able to effectively probe to uncover these. Develop rapport, maintain poise & communicate effectively in client situations.
Skills & Experience Required:
• It is highly likely that you are working in a similar corporate banking role at another investment bank
• Strong Credit Analysis skills are essential, must be able to demonstrate the ability to understand companies' balance sheets, cash flow and P*L statements
• Knowledge of loan/swap/supporting documentation
• Broad understanding of banking products (including treasury, corporate finance, etc)
• Ability to convey ideas clearly and concisely, both in writing and verbally
• Ability to manage multiple tasks / projects at once across different clients
• Responsible, proactive, commercially-minded, imaginative, trustworthy, accurate, organised
• Computer-literate (excellent working knowledge of power point and Excel)
• Comfortable dealing with clients
• Resourceful approach to conducting research
• Willing and able to improve detailed knowledge of products
• Willing and able to undertake regulatory and professional training (eg, FCA, ACT)
• Excellent educational background to at least undergraduate level, quantitative disciplines are
• Applicants must be able to demonstrate strong commercial acumen and awareness
• Excellent command of the English Language
• Drive for results - Delivers high quality work
• Corporate role model, integrity & ethics - Acts with discipline and high ethical standards
• Team player & cross cultural awareness - Works effectively in a team. Collaborates and shares information and solutions with colleagues, with other teams and stakeholders
• Client focus - Sees stakeholders as well as external clients as “customers”
Essential personal skills
• Diligence - Displays dedication and prioritises problems by considering the impact on the business; identifies quick-wins
• Resilience - Stays calm and positive, controls his/her emotions in conflict or any situation of intense stress (due to market, time or client pressure).
• Communication (Active listener and clear communicator) - Communicates clearly in both native and English languages.
• Communicates pro-actively with management, escalating issues as necessary.
• Innovation - Thinks laterally to identify other sources of useful information and sees ways around obstacles and barriers.
• Be a role model, supporting and fostering a culture of good conduct
• Demonstrate proactivity, transparency and accountability for identifying and managing conduct risks
• Consider the implications of your actions on colleagues, partners and clients before making decisions, and escalate issues to your manager when unsure.
• [For managers only] Take responsibility for your team's conduct and conduct risks.
Please note that all applicants must disclose whether that they possess the right to work in the U.K. as per the Immigration, Asylum, and Nationality Act of 2006.