BNP Paribas Global Securities Operations – Job Description
Business Line : Market & Financing Services
Team : Agency lending
Designation : associate
The bank for a changing world
With strong roots anchored in Europe's banking history dating back to 1848, BNP Paribas supports its clients and employees in today's changing world and has positioned itself as a leading bank in the Eurozone and a prominent international banking institution. The Group serves nearly 32 million individual customers and 1 million professionals, entrepreneurs, small and medium-sized enterprises and large corporate clients in its retail-banking networks. With over 189,000 employees representing 150 nationalities across 75 countries, BNP Paribas is one of the world's largest banks, ranking highly in both Retail Banking Services and Corporate and Institutional Banking. The Group has had a presence in India for over 150 years having established its first branch in Kolkata, in 1860. With this unparalleled experience of the Indian market, it is among the leading corporate banks in the country.
A leading global custodian and securities services provider
BNP Paribas Securities Services, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the BNP Paribas Group, is a leading global custodian and securities services provider, backed by the strength of a universal banking group. Our mission is to protect and secure assets for all actors of the investment cycle: buy-side, sell-side and issuers. A part of the Corporate and Institutional Banking business of the Group, it has USD 8,770 billion assets under custody, USD 2,074 billion assets under administration and administers over 10,000 funds. BNP Paribas Securities Services has a unique multi-local model, servicing both the buy-side (the institutional investors and the fund managers) and sell-side (the broker-dealers community and the banks) providing a global coverage of over 100 markets through 9,500 employees worldwide across 34 countries.
About BNP Paribas in Asia Pacific (www.apac.bnpparibas)
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 15,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 74 countries with more than 190,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you're valued as part of our team!
Global Securities Operations
One of the three international operations centres, BNP Paribas Global Securities Operations (GSO) provides services to global clients in the Asian region and some “follow-the-sun” activities for European clients. Wholly owned by BNP Paribas Securities Services, the GSO centre offers a wide range of services which include custody operations, fund accounting, middle-office operations, static data management, clearing and settlement operations and other transversal services.
Roles & Responsibilities
· Keep up and manage every operational aspects linked to the activity of agency Lending. (Loan deliveries, loan returns, recalls)
· Book loan return on Crest market
· Correct breaks in the reconciliation in collaboration with reconciliation team
· Maintain quality relationship with every global custody operational team of each branch of BNP PARIBAS SECURITIES SERVICES, with external stakeholders like counterparties and also with our traders.
· Be in charge of static related to settlement
· Ensure all the settlement reporting
· Check the exposures on client funds during the day
· Manage daily call margins with brokers and with triparty agents
· Book the collateral movement on trading system
· Ensure the clearing and settlement of securities received in collateral
· Ensure a daily/monthly report for lendable funds
· Check and edit the invoices
· Send all the invoices to the brokers at the beginning of the month
· Investigate and solved all the price breaks with the front office, the settlement team and the corporate action team.
· Agree with brokers the final figures to receive.
· Follow the payments of the broker
· Prepare accounting journals for PNL accounts
· Send correct client reporting
· Manage static data: set up client, broker, and account in agency lending systems
· Provide a good reconciliation of security accounts
· Provide a correct reconciliation of cash account (Claim accounts, Fees account, Collateral accounts, DBV account, and Cash pool)
· Book correct accounting entries
· Guarantee monthly justification to finance control team
· Follow corporate actions announcements on loan positions
· Book necessary actions in the system
· Collect and submit clients corporate action instructions to the counterparties
· Issue all the claims to the counterparty; follow the payments from the brokers
· Investigate on breaks with the global custody
· Make the reconciliation of cash accounts
Knowledge and skills required
· Strong analytical skills, detail orientation, service commitment, and solid organizational and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment, prioritizes multiple tasks, and meets strict deadlines
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications and strong MS Excel skills required.
· Knowledge on Corporate Actions and Dividend, global markets
· Knowledge on Settlement
· Knowledge in cash and stock reconciliation
Educational qualification: Any Graduation