About BNP Paribas:
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 72 countries, with more than 202,600 employees, of which almost 155,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realize their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the European leader in consumer lending.
BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
The Trade & Treasury Middle Office primary mission is to provide transactional, administrative, and technical support to the Trade & Treasury Solutions Business Lines in furtherance of their traditional trade, trade finance, supply chain finance, lending, cash management and treasury products. The T&TS Transaction Support team within the Middle Office supports the supply chain finance, cash management and non-supply chain funding businesses of the business lines.
Candidate Success Factors:
Candidates will be measured on the following four performance drivers which will dictate how individual impact is considered on the Americas platform:
· Results and Impact
· Leadership and Collaboration
· Client, Customer and Stakeholder Focus
· Compliance Culture and Conduct
· Working independently in managing a diverse portfolio of Supply Chain Finance customers' transaction flows
· Instructing Back Office for the booking of facilities after closing, in compliance with credit approval
· Reviewing credit approval, credit agreements, facility letters and/or term sheets and summarizing all pertinent material relating to administration of the accounts
· Preparing required documents for communication and monitoring
· Ensuring proper daily administration of booked facilities and requested transactions using spreadsheets and banking platforms
· Analyzing transaction requests in detail
· Ensuring utilizations are within approved limits
· Verifying the client's signature(s) on the transaction request.
· Preparing instructions for facility utilizations
· Supporting the department with reporting, investigations, and special projects
· Supporting customers on specific needs/questions
· Account support and balance monitoring
Ideal candidate profile
Minimum required qualifications:
· Bachelor degree required in a quantitative discipline such as Finance, Business, Accounting, Economics or Math
· Working knowledge of AML, OFAC Compliance regulations
· Familiarity with commercial lending (Supply Chain Finance) accounting methods
· Advanced degree in Finance, Business, Accounting, Economics, Math
· Understanding of accounting principles and financial statement/structure analysis
· Good interpersonal skills, working easily in a team environment but capable of leading some initiatives independently with manager guidance
· Excellent organization, multitasking, with a strong sense of urgency to achieve deadlines
· Advanced Microsoft Excel and Word skills
· Knowledge of Banking products a plus
· 2-5 years of Middle Office and/or Operations supporting Supply Chain Finance, Treasury and/or Commercial Lending business lines or equivalent
· 1-3 years working in an automated supply chain finance automated environment, specifically with a bank proprietary automated system
· Understanding of supply chain finance credit agreements
· Understanding of regulatory compliance risks related to Supply Chain Finance
· Minimum one year working in an automated supply chain finance environment,
· preferably with a bank proprietary automated system
· Minimum one year of Supply Chain Finance Middle Office experience
· Multi-lingual skills-Spanish a plus
FINRA Registrations Required:
· Not Applicable
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.