Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, (Automation Technician), are to:
· Responsible for all maintenance processes in the Automation area;
· Responsible for the execution and daily organization of the activities of the area, accompanying the execution in the field and withdrawing reports of the supervisory systems, if there is any abnormality;
· Conduct interlock tests;
· Ensure the availability of systems;
· Make changes to control systems if necessary;
· Ensure the reliability of data transfer systems from the control network to the corporate network;
· Develop and participate in Failure Analyzes;
· Develop working instructions and 1-point lesson;
· Train the Autonomous Maintenance team in your area of expertise;
· Monitor the Autonomous Maintenance activities providing guidance to the team;
· Keep the documentation current;
· Identify and implement improvements in the process, equipment and procedures;
· Participate actively in meeting the commitments of the Policy and the Objectives of Quality, Safety, Health and Environment;
· Contribute to the improvement of the quality of products and services, reducing the risk of accidents, reducing the consumption of Natural Resources and the appropriate Disposal of Waste;
· Comply with internal procedures and assist in meeting the legal requirements applicable to its activities;
· Help eliminate losses and create value by reducing variation in the production process and equipment settings;
· Use Focused Improvement techniques (e.g. 5WHYs) to initiate process improvement;
· Develop, repair, replace or retrofit equipment as needed to minimize downtime;
· Support areas throughout the plant in conducting the adoption of 5S practices to maintain an
· environment conducive to work, aligning with marking and ordering tools;
· Help keep metrics and other relevant information up-to-date in visual management frameworks to conduct teamwork and facilitate turn change.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
· High School Diploma or equivalent and 3 years of applicable experience;
· Technical Training in Electrical, Instrumentation or Mechatronics;
· Instrumentation and Electrical Equipment;
· Logical Controls programmable;
· Industrial automation;
· Knowledge of Regulatory Standards, especially NR10.
· Knowledge of Robotics.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the 'Passion to Innovate' and the 'Power to Change', we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
United States : Iowa : Grinnell
, option #5