Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Agronomic Research Specialist
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Agronomic Research Specialist, are to:
· Responsible for delivering the highest quality field data as part of North America’s Plant Breeding R&D pipeline by providing optimal trial management.
· Responsible for the implementation of unique and innovative technology solutions designed to improve research design and operations success through use of new tools and methodologies to improve overall plant breeding phenotyping such as the pilot and use of geospatial systems, agronomic planting and harvesting tools, harvesting shelling systems, and data capture applications.
· Collaborate with project team members to deliver detailed experimental protocols that enable advancement decisions by our scientists and placement decisions to our customers.
· Organize and execute day-to-day priorities of the site either alone or as the leader of a small team such as: pre-season logistical trial planning, safety and compliance adherence in accordance with local and federal guidelines, and in-season phenotyping activities performed by contractors.
· Train team members and seasonal employees on standard operating procedures, site and operation safety guidelines, and tool operations.
· Engage in community relation activities including but not limited to community volunteer efforts, sustainability activities, and serve as a technical representative to external parties in partnership with Commercial, Marketing, and other functions on agronomic topics such as product pipeline development, agronomy practices, and compliance standards.
· Travel up to 15% of the time particularly during peak seasons, which could be within a multi-state region.
· Ability to work extended hours during peak seasons (including non- traditional day-time hours with the potential of limited overnight travel).
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
· BS in Agronomy, Life Sciences, Engineering, Computer Science, or related field with at least 2+ years proven experience through the combination of previous employment, co-op, or internship job experience or, Master’s Degree in relevant field with 1 year proven experience through the combination of previous employment, internship, or academic experience;
· Broad knowledge of agricultural equipment and row crop production practices and history of leveraging that knowledge in a research environment;
· Demonstrated experience working in a collaborative team-based environment;
· Capable of pulling, analyzing, and maintaining large data sets;
· Basic understanding and passion for emerging trends in agriculture;
· Experience with both standard MS Office computer and software systems used in scientific data analysis, with ability to quickly learn new software programs and tools;
· Ability to manage contract and hourly employee's work including coaching and counseling as needed;
· Ability to work extended hours during peak operational seasons;
· Valid Driver’s License;
· Ability to lift up to 60lbs.
· MD Pesticide applicator license (or ability to obtain);
· Experience with seed technology industry or plant breeding;
· Experience with precision agriculture hardware and software;
· History of implementation of continuous improvements and new innovations through the work on project teams.
Domestic relocation assistance may be provided.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the 'Passion to Innovate' and the 'Power to Change', we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
United States : Maryland : Galena
, option #5