We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with strong emphasis on process safety, as well as safety of our employees and the communities we operate in. BASF is always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
Where the Chemistry Happens…
Shift Supervisor – Hannibal, MO
The Shift Supervisor leads others toward the accomplishment of production targets in a safe and environmentally conscious manner. He or she may be assigned to any one of five production units at the Hannibal Plant that produce insecticides, herbicides, or intermediate chemicals used in the production of insecticides and/or herbicides.
The successful candidate for this position must be a results-driven leader who can get things done by working through others. Safety of all personnel in his or her plant is the foremost concern of our supervisors and only individuals with the highest commitment to common safety will be considered for the role. He or she initiates work orders, enters them into the maintenance work management system (SAP), and works with maintenance to reduce cost and minimize downtime. The Shift Supervisor works closely with engineers to recommend process improvements and to troubleshoot the manufacturing process. He or she also manages the daily activities of the chemical operators in the assigned area and builds a sustainable culture of safety awareness and responsibility.
• Strong personal commitment to building and maintaining a safety culture.
• Demonstrated coaching and leadership skills, tact, and the ability to communicate effectively and build strong relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization
• Computer literacy and familiarity with the Microsoft Office suite of products are required for this position. Commitment to continuous improvement of computer skills when required.
• Good problem solving and troubleshooting skills, with the ability to quickly address and resolve equipment, process, and people issues
• Good written and verbal communication skills
The Shift Supervisor ensures that proper documentation is maintained, procedures for material and product handling and storage are observed, and that production reports are completed in a timely manner. He or she manages the job setup procedure for contractors, including confined space entry, lock-out, tag-out and the safety work permit systems. The Shift Supervisor conducts safety meetings, ensures that subordinates are trained properly, develops unit staffing schedules, and administers discipline according to company policy and the collective bargaining agreement. He or she may participate in emergency response teams and receive special training on hazardous materials, regulatory compliance, or other aspects of chemical plant operations.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
• A high school diploma or equivalent
• 3 years’ experience as an operator in one or more of the operating units at the BASF Hannibal plant OR 3 years supervisory experience in an industrial manufacturing environment outside of BASF
• Technical training or college degree in a field of study relating to chemical manufacturing
• Previous supervisory experience (preferably in industrial manufacturing)
• Supervisory experience in chemical manufacturing, refining, or similar operations is highly desirable
• Experience in a union shop and with labor contract administration is a strong plus
• Strong personal commitment to Lifelong learning and continuous improvement.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BASF recognizes institutions of higher education accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.