We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF , we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with strong emphasis process safety, as well as safety of our employees and the communities we operate in, and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
Where the Chemistry Happens…
QC Technician (2001449) – Bishop, TX
We are seeking a professional like you to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for timely analysis of raw materials, in-process streams and finished products to verify conformity to specifications. You will operate instruments, such as gas and liquid chromatographs (GC, HPLC), inductively-couple plasma optical emission (ICP-OES) and particle size analysis by laser diffraction to generate and document data in compliance with current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP) requirements.
Principal responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Leveraging your laboratory experience in a regulated environment and working as part of the Quality Control team to meet department goals and deliverables, you will provide precise and accurate sample measurements for quality testing with a strong safety mindset and behavior.
· Follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and general housekeeping guidelines along with rules for FDA manufacturing plant and laboratory.
· Exemplifying positive work habits (time management, prioritization and stewardship) you conduct analyses per procedure, documenting in a traceable manner. Develop, write, review and validate operating procedures.
· Maintain test apparatus in proper working order; assemble and disassemble test equipment as needed for troubleshooting and basic maintenance.
· Notify persons concerned of deviations from standards; participate in audits, as needed.
· Your commitment to workplace safety will be critical as you will be required to comply with safety procedures such as Safe Work, management of change, good housekeeping and incident reporting/investigation.
· Train new employees on lab activities and perform other job non-routine or specialized duties as may be assigned
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You @BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For in You…
Associates Degree in a Science discipline
Minimum of 2 years’ experience in quality control laboratory techniques such as pipetting, titrations, analytical weighing in a chemical laboratory environment
Minimum of 1-year experience with GC, HPLC, ICP, and IC
Bachelor’s degree in a Science discipline (Chemistry preferred)
Minimum of 1 year or less experience in a pharmaceutical manufacturing environment and cGMP or ISO 9000
Experience in validation of analytical methods to ensure reproducibility
Experience with the SAP process, specifically the QM modules.
Strong verbal and written communication skills together with interpersonal skills and ability to deal with colleagues at various levels of the organization
Excellent organization skills to work with minimal supervision; detail oriented with strong problem-solving skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BASF recognizes institutions of higher education accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.