We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Purpose of the Job
You will be responsible for Mechanical Maintenance and Machining as assigned. This will include the troubleshooting, installation, aligning, and repair of rotating equipment, to include completion of preventative maintenance tasks at the Port Arthur, TX Site. Set up and operate a variety of machine tools to produce precision parts and instruments to include fabrication, repair and/or replace parts to maintain plant rotating and stationary equipment, applying knowledge of mechanics, shop mathematics, metal properties, layout, and machining procedures.
· The successful candidate will work with the Rotating Equipment Supervisor and Maintenance Technicians. This is to accomplish and document routine maintenance work including:
· Preventative maintenance
· Regulatry inspections
· Capital prject assistance
· Maintain, troubleshoot, repair, and documentation for plant equipment Support all EHS policies and procedures while promoting a safe working environment Track and update assigned tasks in maintenance management system (SAP) on daily basis. Be willing to work overtime as required May be required to use appropriate PPE per site policy Comply with all company policies, safety standards and good housekeeping practices
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Knowledge and Experience
· Minimum of (5) years’ experience in the operation, troubleshooting and maintenance of the following equipment, but not limited to:
· Centrifugal pumps
· Positive displacement pump
· Lubrication Systems
· Basic knowledge of alignment techniques and proper tool usage in the repair of precision equipment.
· Ability to work and troubleshoot equipment and repair to OEM specifications.
· Ability to read and update drawings, specifications and P&IDs.
· Proficient in use of computers: (MS Word, Excel, Outlook) Preferred :
· Associate Degree, Apprenticeship, or equivalent Military Training (plus)
· Machining experience (plus)
· Familiar with the operations of manual machine tools: Engine Lathes, Milling Machines ( Vertical, Knee & Horizontal ), Drill Press ( Radial Arm & Bench ), Shop Saws ( Vertical & Hydraulic Drop ), Hydraulic & Manual Arbor Presses, Grinders & Belt Sanders.
· Previous Petrochemical experience in mechanical maintenance
· Working knowledge of chemical plant equipment and technologies
· Overall excellent oral and written communication skills
· Knowledge of SAP data entry used for notification and history process (plus)