PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Location: Pasadena, TX, US
Company: BASF Corporation
Job Type: Standard
Job ID: EN_US_1901691
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2019. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Materials Management Coordinator (1901691) – Pasadena, TX
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a professional like you to provide the necessary tools and guidance for maintaining the site Maintenance systems which include but are not limited to spare parts management, shipping and receiving, SAP/CMMS oversight and reporting, and system audits. You will ensure the continuous improvement and compliance of maintenance systems and inventory management and provide an efficient, cost-effective and responsive service in all associated procurement functions. You will also maintain the site inventory system, procedures and services and supervise the Stores and Receiving functions at the site. Additionally, you will provide logistics and expediting assistance to the Site Turnaround Group.
Championing new ideas, inspiring excellence and trust, fostering a team environment; and demonstrating the ability to contribute to team building and serve on cross functional teams will be key to success in this role.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Formula for Success
· Utilizing your extensive knowledge of warehouse systems and procedures, you will ensure compliance with Site Materials Management processes and manage Site Investment Recovery sales and laydown yard operation to maximize return for surplus or scrap material and equipment.
· Your strong negotiation and organizational skills will be imperative as you negotiate lease agreements for off-site warehousing and oversee two off-site warehouses (capital spare parts warehouse and catalyst / support media warehouse).
· Your commitment to safety will be evident as you manage and maintain site hurricane preparedness supplies and emergency response camper trailers. You will also oversee site flame retardant clothing uniform and laundry service and maintain a safe, clean and organized work environment. Additionally, you will maintain up to date training requirements in R.C.R.A. and Texas Hazardous Waste regulations (qualified to sign site Hazardous Waste Manifests).
· Serving as Site D.O.T. Coordinator (per Site RCMS plan), you will have responsibility for D.O.T. audits and Site shipping functions, as well as maintain up-to-date training requirements for certification in Department of Transportation and International Civil Aviation Organization regulations.
· Your effective leadership experience will be essential as you supervise all necessary functions in: receiving, tagging, storing, (long/short term), issuing, returning, counting, delivering and repairing of spare parts and ensure testing of equipment has been completed where applicable. You will also lead contract staff development and training and assist site personnel in training.
· Leveraging your education and experience in Materials Product / Planning Management and maintenance systems, you will conduct continuous improvement projects for Materials Management and perform inventory evaluation and maintenance for Material Master Maintenance.
· Demonstrating your extensive experience with Microsoft Office and SAP, you will maintain SAP R/3 computer system inventory information and develop and implement effective procedures and tracking systems to ensure proper accounting of BFLP and Sabina parts and materials.
· Your superior analytical skills will aid you as you evaluate options for material supply automation, gather and analyze KPI data, report on KPIs, and recommend process changes accordingly.
· Acting with a broad knowledge of Mechanical, Instrument and Electrical spare parts, you will oversee the purchase of all spare parts necessary to maintain proper inventory levels and develop and implement effective off hours processes and procedures for parts/materials issuance.
· Working with an ability to analyze the Procurement process, identify improvements and make recommended changes, you will develop security measures to ensure inventory levels are protected from shrinkage.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.
This position requires all candidates to either currently possess or obtain and maintain a TWIC (Transportation Worker Identification Credential) Card from the U. S. Department of Homeland Security.