We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF , we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2019. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Maintenance Planner – 2000674 – Monaca, PA
Where the Chemistry Happens…
We are seeking a Maintenance Planner, to work in the Dispersions & Pigments (ED) business unit as part of our Monaca, PA site.
Coordinate activities related to the maintenance of chemical process machinery & equipment, buildings, utility systems and other property to ensure timely production of high-quality products in a safe, cost efficient and environmentally responsible manner.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Formula for Success
· AS or BS degree + 5 years’ experience in chemical / process plant maintenance -OR- HS diploma or GED + 10 years’ experience in chemical/process plant maintenance. Good computer skills (e.g. SAP, Microsoft Office). Utilize SAP to manage the maintenance function, monitor costs, control maintenance stores etc.
· A high degree of initiative and ingenuity to work with production, contractors, engineering, maintenance craft persons and other on/off-site functions. Capable of coaching, leading and developing training for the Maintenance Planner, Stores Coordinator and Maintenance Technicians. Training will include job specific, EH&S and developmental areas.
· Experience troubleshooting processes and equipment, conducting Root Cause Failure Analysis, identifying and implementing solutions. Team player with the ability to collaborate with other plant personnel. Good interpersonal, written and oral communication, organizational and planning skills.
· Experience setting priorities, experience showing initiative/driving ownership for reaching decisions, ability to recognize when decisions must be made, and ability to take the responsibility to follow-through with decisions made in order for the facility to meet its requirements for 7 day/24-hour operation.
· Experience training others. Maintenance Coordination experience in a union environment. Coordinating and planning the site reliability, preventive and predictive maintenance programs. Coordinating the work of the site contractors that provide special maintenance support and services (e.g. insulation, inspection services, civil, mechanical, Electrical, etc.)
· Planning and coordinating plant shutdowns and turnarounds. Collaborating with Maintenance Reliability Engineer to develop an effective preventive maintenance program to minimize down time and production delays.
· Application and interpretation of BASF Corporate and site policies and procedures, and the Union contract to the Maintenance Group. And accountable for the controllable fixed costs for the Maintenance Group. Improving plant equipment reliability. Responding to after-hours emergencies. Identifying, developing and implementing training for all Maintenance Groups in all areas including, job performance skills, safety, ecology and performance management.
· Supporting site ISO 9001, OSHA Process Safety Management (PSM, RMP, RCMS) programs through participation in compliance audits, capital project reviews, regulatory PHAs (revalidations, clean sheets) and other hazard / risk assessment activities as required or assigned. Ensuring the on time completion of Process Safety related mechanical integrity inspections as assigned.
· Performing internal audits and required duties to ensure compliance with federal and state regulations and company policies and procedures. Utilizing Management of Change (MOC) to assure timely communication and training of process related changes to affected personnel. As required, participating in any process safety related incident investigations and completion of assigned action items in a timely manner.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.