We are a leading chemical company, with the best teams developing intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. Our success as a company relies on the engagement of our employees. We encourage our employees to develop their strengths, and we recognize their achievements. For you, this means a wide variety of job roles, and exciting opportunities for learning and career development.
BASF has been a committed partner to Greater China since 1885. With investments in Nanjing, Shanghai and Chongqing, as well as numerous sites around the country, BASF is a major investor in China’s chemical industry, and runs the BASF Innovation Campus Shanghai as a global research and development hub. BASF posted sales of over €7.3 billion in 2017 to customers in Greater China, and employed 8,982 people as of the end of the year.
· Provide spectroscopy analytical support including NMR and FTIR spectroscopy to local R&D&T customers in shanghai including operation in spectroscopy techniques under guidance of lab leader for finding technical solutions.
· Perform routine lab work including instrument maintenance/operation/calibration/record/document/training, compliance with BASF standard EHS and 5S process, other lab assignments (e.g.raw material inventory review, lab house-keeping)
· Cooperate with other colleagues to provide analytical and testing support to local technical customers focusing spectroscopy instrument operation in a timely manner.
· Implement NMR technologies together with other spectroscopy technology (FTIR, Mass spec. etc) for structure identification, material characterization, and data interpretation, etc.
· Present and document results to customer, prepare technical reports, examinations and summaries.
· Improve & develop analyses/testing capabilities up to qualified case owners and coordinators.
· Constantly optimize and further develop the lab processes, methods and procedures.
· Instruct, supervise and coach less experienced lab team members on assigned tasks.
· Education: Master degree with minimum 5 years experiences or Ph.D degree major in NMR, Spectroscopy (FTIR or Raman), organic chemistry, material sciences, or polymer chemistry.
· Working experience with NMR (1D and 2D) or FTIR (Raman) for a wide-range of molecule sizes and complex matrics.
· Problem Solving and decision-making skills and demostration of scientific leadership skills.
· Proactive and self-motivated team player with effective oral and written communication skills.
· Knowledge in additional orthogonal analytical techniques such as FTIR and (or) Mass spec. is an advantage.
· Experience with solid state NMR is an advantage.
· Technical & Professional Knowledge: sample preparation, instrument operation in spectroscopy; Fluent in reading, writing and oral English.
· Ability to leverage skills/knowledge from others, proper documentations, and drive innovations.
· Results Driven and accountable with excellent planning skills, ability to work on multiple tasks in an efficient way.