Job Title: Hawk Armament Technician
BAE Systems is the UK Government's nominated Prime Contractor under the Government-to-Government arrangements that are in place to provide equipment, support and training to Saudi Arabia. We provide maintenance of Royal Saudi Air Force aircraft and train RSAF personnel safely in a training environment in how to use their aircraft, equipment and weapons. For such maintenance training, this role is responsible for the training and mentoring activities in respect to the Royal Saudi Air Force (RSAF) employees and is responsible for carrying out maintenance production in support of Officer and Aircrew Training (O&AT), weapons [training] sortie generation on Hawk training aircraft and the delivery of on the job training (OJT) in support of Saudi National Technician Training Programme (SNTTP)
· Testing, servicing and troubleshooting of all Hawk role equipment including release systems, target towing equipment and all aspects of Aden 30mm cannon and its associated equipment.
· Have a good understanding of explosive regulations.
· Will be able to switch between the various sections within the department at short notice and standing in to cover leave, sickness TDY etc.
· Be able to use the technical manuals and understand the reporting system for discrepancies.
· Provide support for deployments to other bases when required and be able to prepare equipment and fly away packs to support Hawk TDY's.
· Understand tool control regulations.
· Have a good knowledge of aircraft safety devices, the safe areas pertaining to Aircraft when loading and be able to prepare the Aircraft for maintenance.
· Have a good understanding of most [training?] munitions used by the Hawk Aircraft and the safety devices that are fitted.
· Carry out training and instruction to meet the SNTTP and ensure all CTR's are filed and managed correctly.
· Working knowledge of Quality Control Procedures, Policies and Processes.
· This post holder must be a graduate of a service technical training institute or a BAE Systems company approved training scheme.
· Must have a working knowledge of aircraft documentation and the legal requirements associated with it.
· Must hold a current driving license.
· Preferably have experience of the fitting and removal of Ejection seats and associated equipment.
· To have completed a formal Hawk training course.
· To have an understanding of RSAF & BAES supply procedures.
The job holder may be recruited internally or externally from either a military environment or company maintenance activity but a background in an armament specialty is deemed essential.
EXPATRIATE EMPLOYEE BENEFITS
In return for the required high levels of commitment and hard work you will receive a competitive salary, rent free accommodation, with access to free recreation facilities, all available within Company secured accommodation. In addition, a generous leave and travel allowance makes this an opportunity not to be missed.
On successfully securing a role your appointment to Saudi Arabia will initially be on single status. On commencement of employment in Saudi Arabia you will have the opportunity to apply to have your family join you in the future. A full health care scheme is provided within Saudi Arabia.
SAUDI NATIONAL EMPLOYEE BENEFITS
In return for the required high levels of commitment and hard work you will receive a competitive salary and benefits package, including a generous leave and travel allowance, a full health care scheme and access to subsidised recreational facilities
At BAE Systems, we provide some of the world's most advanced, technology-led defence, aerospace and security solutions and employ a skilled workforce of some 82,500 people in over 40 countries. Working with customers and local partners, we develop, engineer, manufacture and support products and systems to deliver military capability, protect national security and people and keep critical information and infrastructure secure.
All appointments in Saudi Arabia are subject to receipt of all necessary Government and/or Customer approvals.