About GIE AXA:
The AXA Group, world leader in Financial Protection, supports and advises its individual and corporate customers at every life stage, providing them with the products and services that meet their insurance, personal protection, savings and wealth management needs.
Our areas of expertise are reflected in a range of products and services adapted to the needs of each client in three major business lines: property-casualty insurance, life & savings, and asset management.
Present in 64 countries, the 161,000 employees and distributors of AXA are committed to serving 103 million clients.
AXA GIE's main missions are to:
· Steer the entities to ensure the coherence of the strategies, the consistency of the commercial approaches as well as the optimization of the risks and results;
· Define and coordinate Group policies, different transversal projects and standards, identify and share best practices;
· Support the entities to help them to grow, to develop their offer, their management and steering standards as well as their risk management.
Group Risk Management (GRM) gathers multi-disciplinary teams of high-level experts (actuaries, engineering, data science and financial profiles) which missions mostly revolve around:
· Analyzing, modeling and aggregating Group Risks (economic capital)
· Defining processes managing risks taken (accumulation risk management for Financial, Longevity or natural catastrophes risks…)
You will join the Group Enterprise Risk Management team within the central Risk Management function of the AXA Group.
The position is based at AXA Group's headquarters, located in the 8th arrondissement in Paris, accounts for around 830 employees. With 45 nationalities among its staff, a distinguishing trait of the head office is its strong international atmosphere.
Within the ERM you will join the team mainly focusing on:
· The monitoring of regulatory developments at the local (ACPR), European (EIOPA) and International (IAIS/FSB) levels.
Regulatory developments include:
· Solvency II revision (Directive and Delegated Acts and other transposition in the French law)
· Development of the International Capital Standards (ICS)
· Insurance Core Principles (ICPs) and the Common Framework (ComFrame)
· Recovery and Resolution planning
· Systemic risk framework
· Development of the Basel Committee Banking Supervision framework or other financial services when relevant.
· Participating to initiatives or working groups within the context of the above listed regulatory developments from various insurance trade bodies:
· National: Fédération Française des Assurances (FFA)
· European: Insurance Europe (IE)
· International: International Institute of Finance (IIF), Geneva Association (GA), Global Federation of Insurance Associations (GFIA)
· Or other forums such as the CRO Forum.
· Drafting or reviewing technical papers with recommendations on specific aspects of regulatory developments with an outreach effort towards translating fairly complex or technical matters into simple language.
· Updating and coordinating the validation of part of the regulatory documentation owned by GRM:
· the Group Pre-Emptive Recovery Plan (Plan Préventif de Rétablissement) which is from 2019 a mandatory document to be filed with ACPR, acting as the Lead Supervisor on behalf of the Crisis Management Group.
· Sections of the Group ORSA report dedicated to systemic risk (formerly the Liquidity Risk Management Plan and the Systemic Risk Management Plan).
· You will also contribute to any relevant efforts related to the governance of the Group internal model or compliance with Solvency II requirements, in coordination with the rest of the GRM and other teams.
For these missions to be carried out properly, a tight cooperation is necessary with:
· other GRM teams
· other GIE departments from Finance (Group Corporate Finance and Treasury, Group Reporting and Consolidation )
· Group Legal department
· Group Public Affairs representatives for any public outreach matters
· Local teams from operational entities
· French or foreign insurance peers.
Ideal candidate profile
Curiosity and self-learning skills
· Strong writing skills
Ability to present in a factual and concise manner
Ability to work on projects within a network organization (project management skills)
Autonomy, organization, flexibility and capacity to adapt to new situations such as to carry unplanned workloads and a keen ability to enhance/organize team working practices
· Fluent in French and English.
Background & Experience:
Master's degree in financial and/or actuarial sciences
Experience in risk analysis or finance, project management in an international and multi-functional environment