The position is based at AXA Group's headquarters located in Paris 8 th arrondissement. The headquarters has approximately 800 employees and is distinguished by its strong international culture (49 nationalities).
Group Risk Management (GRM) gathers multi-disciplinary teams of high-level experts (actuaries, engineering, data science and financial profiles) which missions mostly revolve around:
· Analyzing, modeling and aggregating Group Risks (economic capital)
· Defining processes managing risks taken (accumulation risk management for Financial, Longevity or natural catastrophes risks…)
You will join the Group Enterprise Risk Management team within the central Risk Management function of the AXA Group.
Core Activities of the Team:
Within the ERM you will join the team mainly focusing on:
The monitoring of regulatory developments at the local (ACPR), European (EIOPA) and International level (IAIS/FSB). Regulatory developments include:
· Solvency II revision (Directive and Delegated Acts and other transposition in the French law)
· Development of the International Capital Standards (ICS)
· Insurance Core Principles (ICPs) and the Common Framework (ComFrame)
· Recovery and Resolution planning
· Systemic risk framework
· Development of the Basel Committee Banking Supervision framework or other financial services when relevant.
Participating to initiatives or working groups within the context of the above listed regulatory developments from various insurance trade bodies:
· National, Fédération Française des Assurances (FFA);
· European, Insurance Europe (IE); or
· International, International Institute of Finance (IIF), Geneva Association (GA), Global Federation of Insurance Associations (GFIA);
· Or other forum such as the CRO Forum.
Drafting technical papers with recommendations on specific aspects of regulatory developments with an outreach effort towards translating fairly complex or technical matters into simple language.
The team is also in charge of updating and coordinating the validation of part of the regulatory documentation owned by GRM, namely the Liquidity Risk Management Plan, Systemic Risk Management Plan and the Group recovery plan, the latter being from 2019 a mandatory document to be filed with ACPR. These documents are also filed with ACPR, acting as the Lead supervisor on behalf of the Crisis Management Group.
For these missions to be carried out properly, a tight cooperation is necessary with other GRM teams and other GIE departments from Finance (DCFG, PBRC), Group Legal, as well as with Group Public Affairs representatives for any public outreach matters. These missions encompass some exchanges as well with Group operational entities and French or foreign insurance peers.
Ideal candidate profile
· Background in Insurance and Reinsurance business aspects.
· Background in actuarial or financial. Soft skills and competencies
· Curiosity and self-learning skills;
· Strong writing skills;
· Ability to present in a factual and concise manner;
· Ability to work and lead projects within a network organization (project management skills);
· Autonomy, organization, flexibility and capacity to adapt to new situations such as to carry unplanned workloads and a keen ability to enhance/organize team working practices;
· Fluent in French and English; and
· Ability to build good working relationships, good communicator, flexible.
Background and experience:
5-year experience in risk analysis or finance, project management in an international and multi-functional environment