We have an exciting opportunity for a Supply Chain Analyst or an analytical graduate to join our market leading Data Analytics Team.
Aviva UK Health pays over £400m in claims every year, through a wide spectrum of healthcare suppliers (over 1,500 facilities and 35,000 specialists). Therefore, the focus of the Supply Chain Team is to lead these providers in the most optimal way, to ensure excellent customer experience and clinical outcomes, at the best price.
As the Supply Chain Analyst, you will use data analysis and modelling techniques to play a key part in forming the strategy that we will utilize with our suppliers. The main objective is to deliver an outstanding service and clinically appropriate treatment for our members whilst we achieve our desired business outcomes as authoritatively as possible. You will be involved in complex modelling of customer behaviour and clinical pathways, as well as identifying any potential area of claims leakage and inefficiency within current processes.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Contribute with improving the data analytics techniques and tools to deliver proactive models and insight to help to optimise the suppliers used
· Investigate new data to improve optimisation and minimisation of supplier leakage and fraud
· Support the development of a dedicated approach to fraud and claims leakage management across the business
· Maintain and update the data analysis tools for the detection of Financial Loss
· Assist the ongoing development of the strategy and roadmap of Supply Chain
· Develop and conceptualise data analytics and modelling to support the critical thinking that underpins Aviva UK Health’s supply chain activity
· Research and understand the private health market and products to enable optimal strategy
· Review processes to facilitate a can-do approach to identify key trends and future issues
· Present analytical findings to both internal and external stakeholders to inform and influence the strategy used
Skills & Experience Required
· You will be educated to a degree level (can be recent graduate)
· You will be highly numerate with strong data analytical capability
· You will be able to develop professional relationships with internal and external customers
· You will have the ability to work on multiple activities at the same time, juggling priorities
· You will have experience of handling, analysing and reporting on large data sets
· You will have knowledge of data handling and statistical tools such as SQL or SAS or R or Python or EXCEL or SPSS
· Familiar with statistical techniques and methods including hypothesis testing (t-test, p-values), confidence intervals, regression & classification
· Knowledge of the Healthcare industry
· Experience in a commercial or project-based environment
What will you get for this role?
· Salary between £25,000 - £35,000 depending on skills, experience and qualifications
· Generous defined contribution pension scheme
· Annual performance related bonus and pay review
· Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
· Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
· Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
We care about the wellbeing of our employees
How you feel at home, work and all aspects of your life are important to us. Our programme – ‘Be Healthy’, ‘Be Mindful’, ‘Be Secure’ and ‘Be Awesome’ supports your physical, mental, financial and social wellbeing.
Here are just a few highlights:
· You’ll be able to download Aviva Digital GP - a 24/7 personal GP service that enables you to get a video consultation with a GP and pharmacy service at the touch of a button
· We offer all UK employees subscriptions to Headspace for FREE
· We have subsidised 70% off the normal gym membership prices, meaning for a reduced monthly fee you will have access to a wide range of fitness venues
Additional Information and Equal Opportunity
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we love to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
Our diversity and inclusion policies and initiatives are shaping an environment where everyone feels welcome regardless of age, disability, race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, maternity or those with other caring responsibilities. Our approach helps to ensure that Aviva is a place which values difference and provides equal opportunities for all.
As a disability confident employer, we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability (as defined in The Equality Act 2010) whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. (By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean that you must provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required, as well as meeting any of the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential). Please apply through the website and then email the contact listed in the advert to notify us that you meet the conditions for the guaranteed interview scheme.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Lacey Lane Mckoy in the Resourcing team on 0121 234 7612 or Lacey.firstname.lastname@example.org