Sr. Recovery Examiner
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Recovery Advisor with a focused on home warranty claims recoveries.
The purpose of this role is to investigate, evaluate, negotiate and settle recovery claims in adherence with the conditions and stipulations of the warranty insurance contract, provincial governing regulations and builder’s agreement contract, and to manage overall claims financial receivables.
· Review and assess home warranty claims to determine and facilitate full subrogation recoveries from the builders/developer and other appropriate parties in accordance with the builder’s agreement.
· Work with claims adjusters on policy coverages, assessment of liability and file documentation to facilitate maximum recovery success.
· Responsible for controlling external expenses while ensuring delivery of superior customer service to all stakeholders.
· Maintain the recovery database and claims financial records through the process of recording claims.
· Prompt expense payments, and accurate closing of claims.
· Direct legal counsel and collection agencies in recovery pursuits.
· Participate in litigation reviews, settlement conferences, mediations, pre-trial conferences and other legal disposition programs.
· Report vital claim and adverse risk information to underwriting partners
· Meet with builders/developers/underwriting partners to discuss roles and obligations of parties under the builders agreements and related legislation.
· Mentor and strategize with junior recovery advisors.
· 3+ years’ experience in claims subrogation
· Excellent oral & written skills
· Ability to make timely decisions
· Excellent investigation and negotiating skills
· Ability to work in cross functional teams
· Great customer service skills
· Well organized
· Ability to Multi Task
· Basic building construction and/or surety knowledge an asset
· Xact Analyst
· College or post-secondary education in related field
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules
Aviva Canada is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities during all phases of the hiring process including the application process. If you require an accommodation because of a disability, we will work with you to meet your needs. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance. If you are selected for an interview and require an accommodation, you are encouraged to advise the Talent Acquisition Partner who will consult with you to determine an appropriate accommodation.