Aviva is now hiring for a governance professional to join our team as a Senior Company Secretarial Assistant in our London head office.
The role offers the opportunity to gain experience through a broad variety of tasks supporting the Aviva Corporate and Board Governance team – and is a stimulating mix of company secretary responsibilities and involvement with annual reports, market regulations and listing rules. The role holder will have pride in providing a wide range of governance duties and have a strong dedication to deliver the right outcomes for our key business partners and customers.
The Aviva Corporate and Board Governance team provides support and company secretarial services to Aviva plc. It also has responsibility for Group compliance with the Corporate Governance Code, Listing Rules and Disclosure Guidance and Transparency Rules, as well as setting and delivering the strategy for Aviva’s relationship with its private shareholders and managing the engagement with our Share Registrar.
In addition to this role, there are a variety of other company secretary roles currently available in Aviva, so if there are other opportunities that appeal to you, please reach out.
Key responsibilities of the role:
· Supporting the drafting of the Governance sections within the Annual Report and Accounts
· Assisting with the preparation for the Aviva plc AGM
· Advising on, preparing and making stock exchange announcements in accordance with the Listing Rules, and Disclosure Guidance and Transparency Rules
· Drafting Board and Board Committee papers on corporate governance and other related matters
· Advising on corporate governance methodology/operation of relevant Group policies/procedures
· Assisting with compliance with the Listing rules, Market Abuse Regulations, corporate governance code obligations
· Maintaining the Insider List and advising on the share dealing code and clearance to deal procedures
· Supporting the AGM mailing and distribution project, and the planning and design of AGM materials (Notice of Meeting and proxy forms, etc.)
· Reviewing relevant public consultation documents and drafting consultation responses
· Undertaking corporate governance research and benchmarking exercises and drafting relevant reports
· Supporting the development and execution of Aviva’s shareholder strategy
· Providing support for the appointment and onboarding of new Aviva plc directors, including supporting the regulatory approval processes
· Interaction with external service providers such as our Registrars and Depositary Bank (Aviva has an OTC ADR programme)
What skills and experiences are we looking for?
· Company Secretarial experience within a Listed company environment
· Associate of the ICSA
· Customer oriented and a keen interest in corporate governance and developments
· Ability to prioritise workload and remain calm under pressure
· Discretion and professional integrity
· Knowledge of Blueprint Secretarial software and Diligent Board books
· Experience of RNS Submit
· Experience of Computershare’s Issuer website would be an advantage
What will you get for this role?
· A competitive salary depending on skills, experience and qualifications
· Generous defined contribution pension scheme
· Annual performance related bonus and pay review
· Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
· Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
· Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
We care about the well-being of our employees!
How you feel at home, work and all aspects of life are important to us. Our programme – ‘Be Healthy’, ‘Be Mindful’, ‘Be Secure’ and ‘Be Awesome’ supports your physical, mental, financial and social well-being.
Here are just a few highlights:
· The ability to download Aviva Digital GP - a 24/7 personal GP service that enables a video consultation with a GP and pharmacy service at the touch of a button
· We offer all UK employees subscriptions to Headspace for FREE!
· We have subsidised 70% off the normal gym membership prices, meaning for a reduced monthly fee you will have access to a wide range of fitness venues
Additional Information and Equal Opportunity
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we love to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
Our diversity and inclusion policies and initiatives are crafting an environment where everyone feels welcome regardless of age, disability, race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, maternity or those with other caring responsibilities. Our approach helps to ensure that Aviva is a place which values difference and provides equal opportunities for all.
As a disability confident employer, we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability (as defined in The Equality Act 2010) whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. (By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean that you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required, as well as meeting any of the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential). Please apply through the website and then email the contact listed in the advert to notify us that you meet the conditions for the guaranteed interview scheme.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Daniel Hopchet in the Resourcing team on 0121 234 7625 or Daniel.Hopchet@Aviva.com .