Reward Analyst, People Function – London
Working as part of the Aviva Investors (AI) People Function and the Group Reward team, you will work with the AI Reward Director, AI Reward Manager, HRBPs, wider AI People Function and Group Reward team, to support the design and delivery of the reward aspects of the AI People Strategy.
You will have reward subject matter expertise or general HR experience with aptitude and a desire to specialise in Reward. Will also have experience of or an interest in the asset management business. You will work across all aspects of reward; within the standards set by the Group Reward team centrally.
The individual will have a key support role on key reward activities such as, but not limited, to:
- Annual Pay & Bonus Review.
- FTE Incentive Pool Planning.
- Buyout/hire package approval
- Remuneration regulation
- Risk and Conduct processes
- Deferral/LTIP administration
- Performance scorecard admin
The People Function is made up of circa 25 HR professionals including Talent Acquisition, Development, Reward and Business Partnering. You will be joining a high performing, but close-knit team supporting our business globally.
The People Function at Aviva Investors attract, retain and develop the best talent by encouraging an inclusive and diverse environment to ensure we have highly motivated talented people to deliver the outcomes that our customers want and need.
- Support the annual pay review process, including leading on and being accountable for delivery of some workstreams
- Ensure that reward practices are consistent with the Aviva reward strategy and compliant with the Group Remuneration Standard and legal/regulatory requirements
- Build strong relationships across the Reward team, the AI People Function, the wider People function, Compliance, the AI business globally, and CoSec/Share schemes team. Additionally, develop relationships with other external suppliers, including McLagan, Deloitte, etc.
- Key understanding of regulatory requirements and developments, working closely with Risk/Compliance and external parties, as required.
- Support delivery of BAU Reward processes (e.g. buyout approvals) and other key Reward initiatives
- Carry out data research, analysis and presentation of benchmarking data in relation to salary and benefits and analysis of key competitors
Key Performance Indicators
- With the AI Reward team and Group Reward team, successful delivery of the annual pay review process, working closely with AI HRBPs to provide support and guidance.
- Provide input to and analysis of reward benchmarking survey processes.
- With the AI Reward team, compliance with obligations of remuneration regulation, including emerging regulation.
- Working closely with the AI Reward Manager, provide analysis and reports to support approval requests, RemCo papers, etc. and ensure smooth operation of administration of deferral/LTIP plans.
Risk / Compliance / Governance.
- Always ensure compliance with the Group Remuneration Standard and Approvals Matrix.
- Understanding of all relevant remuneration regulation applicable to AI.
- Always adhere to Conduct Rules and maintain standards of behaviour and Business Ethics.
- Educated to degree level or a similar level of qualification, and/or possessing relevant professional experience.
- Relevant experience of job evaluation and benchmarking methodologies.
- Strong technical knowledge of pay, benefits and compensation issues and related legislation and practice.
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities and resolve complex reward issues.
- Wide range of relevant HR experience including extensive salary review management, bonus design, project management and benefits design.
- Broader HR and business acumen.
- Relationship management skills and experience of working as a ‘partner’ to the business.
- Strong numerical/analytical skills.
- Excellent IT skills.
We are a global asset manager with broad and deep expertise across all major asset classes. As part of the Aviva Group – the UK’s largest insurance company – we are uniquely positioned to combine our insurance heritage with our investment capabilities to deliver the outcomes that matter most to today’s investor.
Today’s investors are asking more questions than ever. They expect more from their asset managers. They want joined-up thinking fit for an interconnected world; integrated solutions with their needs firmly at the heart. We’re challenging ourselves to respond to these new expectations – as well as the changes taking place in our industry and the world around us. About us
Inclusion and diversity
More than 1,500 people work across the globe, bringing it all together for today’s investor. True integrated advantage starts with our culture.
When everyone feels part of a unified team, in an environment of fairness, inclusion and positivity, we all achieve more. Integrated advantage is created when everyone feels stronger together - with no barriers to their ability to contribute, collaborate and succeed. Our Culture
You will be assessed against the Aviva values: care more, kill complexity, never rest and create legacy.