*Please note this role is a fixed-term contract for six months*
The Regulatory Approvals Team is unusual within Aviva, there is no other team like us! We are responsible for the ‘fit and proper’ assessment of regulated and certified individuals within the UK and Irish businesses and also individuals in regulated activity roles across the UK business.
We are looking for a methodical and organised Regulatory Approvals Administrator to join us on a six-month contract. It's a dynamic role incorporating administration, relationship management and compliance-focused responsibilities. You will build vital relationships with people who have applied for a regulated or certified role, colleagues from across the business and external third-party firms and suppliers.
This is a great role for demonstrating your excellent attention to detail; meticulously checking facts and asking questions to weigh up information and make accurate assessments for the recruitment process. If you love taking delivering the best service possible and want to take personal responsibility for your own workload, this could be an excellent opportunity.
Role and Responsibilities
- Be responsible for pre-employment screening which includes conducting a number of different checks on individuals who have completed applications for roles regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) or Central Bank of Ireland (CBI).
- Work as part of a small, busy team, manage a variety of responsibilities and meet strict timescales.
- Contact colleagues, candidates and external suppliers directly to keep them updated on the progress of applications.
- Identify and raise any adverse information that may come to light in the course of the vetting process.
- Prepare financial services references and annually monitor regulated and certified individuals so key functions are conducted to regulatory standards.
Skills and Experience
Full training will be given but ideally you will be familiar with recruitment processes and/or the financial services regulatory environment in the UK/Ireland.
- Proven experience of working in an administrative or service function within an office - preferably within financial services, recruitment or compliance/governance.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, you are not afraid to question others when necessary.
- Strong attention to detail and comfortable working in a methodical way with minimal supervision.
- A positive attitude to work and a natural curiosity to identify improvements.
- Good organisation and prioritisation skills - you can be flexible and able to manage a varied workload.
What will you get for this role?
- A pro-rata annual salary of £18,000 depending on skills, qualifications and experience.
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme.
- Annual pro-rata holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days.
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply).
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme.
Oh and by the way…
At Aviva we always ‘Care More’. It’s our thing. We’re all about our people – that’s you – so we can be pretty flexible. If you need to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we’re very open to that. We’ll even try to bend work around your further studies or hobbies where we can.
We care deeply about welcoming people no matter where they’re from, how old they are or what disability they have. We encourage applications from every age, race, ethnicity, disability, gender, gender identity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, maternity or caring responsibility. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you!
As part of that we interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Just send us an email once you’ve applied, and we’ll make sure we interview you.
If you like the sound of all that, we’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you need an alternative method of applying, please give Megan Douglas a call on: 0121 234 7665 or send an email to: email@example.com .
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean you must provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.